what does it mean when you receive a text on your iphone 6 form your own number and the message is duplicated on each side (sent/recieved) and has "verizon message" with a long number at the end of the text, duplicated as well?
stacybrownie
Enthusiast - Level 2

what does it mean when you receive a text on your iphone 6 from your own number and the message is duplicated on each side (sent/received) and has "verizon message" with a long number at the end of the text, duplicated as well?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what does it mean when you receive a text on your iphone 6 form your own number and the message is duplicated on each side (sent/recieved) and has "verizon message" with a long number at the end of the text, duplicated as well?
stacybrownie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind I figured it out on the iphone. I think it was just a few parts of a message just forwarded to the same phone. Thanks!

Now how do I delete this account so I don't keep getting emails?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: what does it mean when you receive a text on your iphone 6 form your own number and the message is duplicated on each side (sent/recieved) and has "verizon message" with a long number at the end of the text, duplicated as well?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question stacybrownie! Let's get to the bottom of this so that it's not a cause for concern. When a message is sent to/from your own number, it will display as one sent, one received. This makes it display two messages as you are seeing. Let's clarify the second part of your question. Where do you see "Verizon Message" exactly? What is the long number at the end of the text? When did this start and is it with all text messages or only this instance?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
stacybrownie
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's part of a text received from an actual person/different number, but then it's recent from my own number. It just says Verizon Message ########## on both sides (sent/received) at the bottom of that message. It's a family member's phone so I don't know exactly what that number means. Just curious if it means it was saved to a computer or something and then recent to the phone.

0 Likes
stacybrownie
Enthusiast - Level 2

*Re-Sent

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate more details about this stacybrownie. This is odd, I have not seen this before. However, I need more details and I apologize for my confusion. Are you forwarding the message to someone else? Is it a group message? Does it happen with all the messages? Please clarify.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
stacybrownie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind I figured it out on the iphone. I think it was just a few parts of a message just forwarded to the same phone. Thanks!

Now how do I delete this account so I don't keep getting emails?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted stacybrownie. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. Let us know if you need further assistance, and just in case, here's a link to help with any questions regarding iOS http://vz.to/1J2g8aN.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes