what happens if when getting a replacement phone, turned off find my iPhone deleted data, manually, took out sim card., removed from iCloud data..but most important...forgot to erase all data
mokies

what happens if when getting a replacement phone, turned off find my iPhone deleted data, manually, took out sim card., removed from iCloud data..but most important...forgot to erase all data

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what happens if when getting a replacement phone, turned off find my iPhone deleted data, manually, took out sim card., removed from iCloud data..but most important...forgot to erase all data
mama23dogs
Legend

When you say "remove from iCloud data". What did you do?

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Read the information.  If you removed from iCloud via computer, that would also erase your device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: what happens if when getting a replacement phone, turned off find my iPhone deleted data, manually, took out sim card., removed from iCloud data..but most important...forgot to erase all data
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you no longer have the iPhone there isn't much you can do if you can't gain access to it. Once you deleted it from your iCloud account and turned off Find My iPhone you took away the option to remotely wipe the device.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone has a PIN lock, there's a reasonable expectation that the data is safe until the next lock screen bypass is found.

If the phone went back to Verizon or Apple, either company should take care of erasing your data off of the phone. If you sold it, most likely the next owner will find a way to restore the phone to a clean image using iTunes.

0 Likes
mokies

I also so under apple support that there is a possibility that when i went into iCloud.com and found the phone, under find iPhone, even though the phone was offline, i hit erase, the next time it goes online it will be erased...now all i can do is hope...that is my stupidity...i've done before, oh well...thank you for your assistance.  i received the replacement through saurian so i presume it will go there..oh well, c'est la vie!!!

0 Likes
mokies

Thank you!!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If the phone is still listed on your iCloud and still has Find My iPhone on it then yes, it can wipe/erase the phone when it comes back on line if you go through iCloud.com or the Fond My iPhone app to do it. But if you removed it from Find My iPhone then no, you can't. Just depends on the setup.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

When you say "remove from iCloud data". What did you do?

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Read the information.  If you removed from iCloud via computer, that would also erase your device.

0 Likes
mokies

thank you!! everything worked out great!!

0 Likes
mokies

thank you everything worked out great

0 Likes