Re: what's up with the data usage?
mama23dogs
Legend

You jumped on someone else’s CURRENT thread and are not the OP or the person my post about tethered data was addressed to.  Read the thread in line so you can see what is and is not addressed to you, in parenthesis after the screen name of the person posting.

If you only want responses to you, don’t post on an existing thread, make your own.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mama23dogs wrote:

You jumped on someone else’s CURRENT thread and are not the OP or the person my post about tethered data was addressed to. Read the thread in line so you can see what is and is not addressed to you, in parenthesis after the screen name of the person posting.

If you only want responses to you, don’t post on an existing thread, make your own.

Technically they did. How do I escalate a complaint?

PS I completely agree with you here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ksdearth, we understand the importance of ensuring your data usage is billed correctly. Ensuring your Wi-Fi assist is disabled helps to ensure cellular data is not being used when you're connected to a poor Wi-Fi network. Do you use mobile hotspot on your phone? I understand the issue has been going on for a month, was there any recent changes made to your phone or how your phone is being used when you noticed the spike in data usage? 

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your VZW experience and I'm here to help, let's look into this. Have you had an opportunity to identify how the data is being consumed in addition to the date/times of the session via our Data Utilization tool:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/? If not, please review the details in an effort to gather some additional details about the usage. Would you like to review some options plan options?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KSDEARTH

Never used hot spot on my phone. I’ve been tracking my usage or three months and nothing I do is any different in those months that I barely hit 2gb. I’ve given in and went back to unlimited data. It’s actually cheaper than worrying about data overages.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes