what type of number is 000-003-3286
rdstriumph

my wife is getting text messages from 000-003-3286 any idea what it is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what type of number is 000-003-3286
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a shortcode used by event marketers, or businesses - possibly a restaurant or store promo (text us to get coupons) or event updates.... what are the text messages about?

View solution in original post

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Hmmm from the looks of it, it seems it's a number that uses a paid/free service to mask its true identity. Do you get spam messages from this number aside from the usual texts? Let's wait for the seasoned members here to take a look at your issue as well. I'm sure they can give you the answer you've been looking for Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a shortcode used by event marketers, or businesses - possibly a restaurant or store promo (text us to get coupons) or event updates.... what are the text messages about?

zackpewpew
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are a couple possible solutions to this problem. If it is a restaurant or store promo, have her try texting STOP to the number. That should unsubscribe from most of those services. Otherwise, there is a great number blocking tool in MyVerizon under my plan and services that allows you to block up to 5 numbers. I hope this helps!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, the five free blocks will not work on short codes which this is one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Walker6111

0 Likes