why has my data usage doubled in the last 3 months. My usage over the last year has not changed.
DENMCC76

Has my data usage almost doubled because of 4g

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why has my data usage doubled in the last 3 months.  My usage over the last year has not changed.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you get anew phone?  Updates to OS?  Check to see if wifi assist is on or off, and turn it off.  Between Facebook videos, snapchat, facetime, and all the other video apps (even instagram lets you post videos!) it's easy to run up data just browsing the app if you are not connected to wifi.

0 Likes
Re: why has my data usage doubled in the last 3 months. My usage over the last year has not changed.
DENMCC76

I did all that. I was told that because a lot of apps refresh using 4g that it uses more data. If that is true a lot of people will start to have the same issue

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: why has my data usage doubled in the last 3 months. My usage over the last year has not changed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help get to the bottom of this. May we ask how you use your device typically? Also, are you ensuring that all apps are closed completely when not in use so that are not still running in the background? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DENMCC76

Check my notes from my many chats with your reps. They can not figure it out. I was supposed to get a call last Monday morning after your tech's reviewed my file. NO CALL BACK

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will find the culprit DENMCC76. Let’s get this resolved once and for all. Sorry the call was not made, but, now you have me. I know data can add up quickly. Data reflects the type of usage, application, bite rate or resolution being used. We can look into this and get it resolved once and for all. Please accept my follow request and reply to my private message so I can further assist.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes