why is my iphone 5s battery suddenly not lasting longer than 3-4 hours
Donnat_inva

One day it was normal - holding a charge for 1 to 2 days depending on how I used it.  Then - suddenly one day, it dropped to like 6 hours.  Now I pretty much have to keep it charged in at home, in my car and on my desktop (computer).  Just sitting idle, (with all apps./windows closed) - you can just see it run down...about 1% a minute.  I have an older ipad that sit idle for 2 to 3 days at 3% battery power and still never die!  😉

I have insurance, is this covered? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is my iphone 5s battery suddenly not lasting longer than 3-4 hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Donnat_inva, I know the importance of having your phone charge, correctly! It's disheartening to learn your iPhone 5S is losing battery this way! When did this issue first begin? Did your phone process any updates? Downloaded any Battery Manager applications? Please share more details so we can check into this for you.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Donnat_inva

It started in Nov (2014).  Once it started - I went online and went through various steps to not drain the battery so quickly.  At that time, I updated operation systems as well. I had not previously.  I even checked my battery id number to see if it was a defunct battery (as some 5s's were). 

One thing I noticed is sometimes when people receive a text from me - it says it's coming from my email address as opposed to my cell phone number....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional info! The origination address on your messages can be determined by your settings under your Apple ID. Are you using iMessage to send texts?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Kimerysue

I'm having the same problem?  I upgraded iOS 8.3 and now my batter goes from keeping charged 1 to 2 days to maybe 6 hours?  What is the answer to this question?  I also have insurance, is this covered.  It's a pain and I really miss my battery life! 

0 Likes