DPAK03

why is my phone using 1/2 gb of usage every night at 200am and how do i stop it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is my phone using 1/2 gb every night
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the cellular data connection at night. The sleep policy on the Apple iPhone allows the Wi-Fi to sleep during standby and allow the cellular data to become active again and let background data to occur.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate the information provided Ann154. DPAK03, I would be alarmed as well if my data was being used at night? DO you have Wi-Fi Assist Enabled? Go to Settings> Cellular> Wi-Fi Assist.

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DPAK03

No it is not enabled

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking that, DPAK03. Next, can you check your cellular data usage? This will give you a breakdown of which apps are using the most data and for how long. We recommend closing out of all apps full when you are done. 

JeffreyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes