2 New iphones stolen during shipping
DSK11
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to us yesterday.  I finally had decided it was time to upgrade two of the lines in our family account. The phones were shipped via FedEx.  However, someone ripped the package open, and pulled the 2 new phones out.  The delivery driver (fedex) took a picture of the box, but chose to orient the box on our porch so the ripped side didn't show in the photo.    Verizon is telling me that it will be at least a week for them to investigate the theft claim, process the cancellation of the original order, credit our account, and then create a new order.  

I contacted customer service via chat to verify the order and it was the most frustrating experience.  When your browser window times out of your Verizon page (security feature), your chat may get disconnected.  That happened first during verification of our original order, so I was prepared for that.    It happened several times during the discussion of the stolen phones.

It was very frustrating that each service rep I chatted with claimed to have no clue of any previous chat, despite repeated assurances that they could retrieve any chat--one even gave me a "reference number" for the chat, and the next agent said that they couldn't retrieve an old chat.  Seems like a flaw somewhere in the system.   It was also very frustrating that each agent told me a slightly different story.  One told me to stay in the chat for a couple of hours and they would expedite the stolen phones claim and we could process the cancellation, void the transaction, and start over within a couple of hours. I copied the entire chat into a Word document.  Here's the direct quote "You may leave this chat open and we will post the resolution in next 2 hours.". That chat got disconnected, and the next agent I chatted with told me that was not possible.  Was one agent lying?  Telling me what I wanted hear?  The next agent I chatted with looked at the fedex delivery photo and informed me that the box "looked perfect" to them--despite the fact that the photo didn't show all sides of the box, and the driver had angled it such that the ripped end was facing away from the camera. 

What a frustrating experience, and I'm still not sure how this will be resolved. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 New iphones stolen during shipping
DSK11
Enthusiast - Level 2

The agent was indeed correct.  Once the account was correctly flagged, I got an update message, called customer service again (despite the message saying an agent would be contacting you, I decided to contact them), I was able to talk with another awesome agent who got the new agreement for replacement phones set up, found a customer loyalty discount our account was eligible for, applied that discount to our account, and carefully annotated our account so the next agent (should the need arise) I dealt with would have a clear understanding of what happened.

I also learned that the easiest way to an agent is to call *611 from your phone, and when the automated assistant asks what you need, just say "speak to an agent".    Trying to do online chat didn't work for me, because the browser timing out for security purposes interrupted the chats and everything was lost when I reconnected. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DSK11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I was told to check back the following Wednesday, but figured Monday was close enough.

1/30/2023: This time, I chose to speak with an agent, since the website chat gets interrupted if the browser times out, and all the chat information disappears into the aether, never to be found again.

Spoke with an agent who told me our request from last week had been declined.  And furthermore, we were soon to be billed as if we had received the new phones. According to the agent I spoke with, the 2 tickets previous submitted were files as damaged goods claims.  This agent told me that was incorrect, and that she has filed a ticket tagged lost or stolen during transit, and that I should check back on Thursday.  

I find it really disturbing that what you hear from Verizon CS depends on the agent you are talking to.  You leave the conversation with the agent thinking that everything is proceeding correctly, only to find out that isn't the situation at all.

Time will tell.

0 Likes
DSK11
Enthusiast - Level 2

The agent was indeed correct.  Once the account was correctly flagged, I got an update message, called customer service again (despite the message saying an agent would be contacting you, I decided to contact them), I was able to talk with another awesome agent who got the new agreement for replacement phones set up, found a customer loyalty discount our account was eligible for, applied that discount to our account, and carefully annotated our account so the next agent (should the need arise) I dealt with would have a clear understanding of what happened.

I also learned that the easiest way to an agent is to call *611 from your phone, and when the automated assistant asks what you need, just say "speak to an agent".    Trying to do online chat didn't work for me, because the browser timing out for security purposes interrupted the chats and everything was lost when I reconnected. 

0 Likes