Re: $300 credit per line activated
Feo1950

So, a Verizon Chat Person made a written commitment of this, and the

screens I referred to allowed the promo, so Verizon is not accountable?

Your logic is flawed.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Verbal commitments and agreements are still considered legal and contractual in some states.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Only if the person who made the commitment is authorized to do so which no low level rep would have that authorization.  The computer print out has more authorization than that rep. See below "get it in writing"

The reason being is to stop corporate espionage. I could for example decide to work for AT&T go and apply for a job at Verizon and make commitments until I was fired for example. FCC understands this does happen. This is also why there is a time limit on when you can get out of contract. This is why even the FTC says get it in writing.

This is why I take anything from reps as a grain of salt and make sure I understand everything that is written before jumping on board.

nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I agree, but laws do vary state to state. I know in WA the States AG tends to side with the consumer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

WA AG won't do anything about it. Even if they side with the consumer. I bet if you searched you'd find various business being brought up on similar circumstances and I bet less than 5% succeed. The ones that succeed are the ones that had it in writing.

It's like in California if an agent makes an agreement for a movie roll the actor/actress can get out of it unless they gave full privilege to make those decisions, but all actors don't. You'll notice the only time a verbal agreement ever get brought up if someone backs out if when the actor/actress themselves backs out of the verbal agreement.

Here's an example say I work for you. You told me a promotion and I heard it the wrong way. You said "$100 off" and when I told people $1000 when they traded in. Do you have to honor my mistake and eat up all your potential earnings on the promotional offer?  I bet you wouldn't want to even if you said you would(because if you do then you'd by proxy agree with me if you say you shouldn't have to honor it 🙂 ).

People who get caught in this has a better chance going after the person not the company.