4.3??????
SFRNNJ

SO is this going to be like FROYO and GINGERBREAD and never get the updates like everyone else or on time.? Really annoying. I understand that CDMA vs the GSM issues. But, come on...this wasnt an over night decision to do this IPHONE thing on Verizon...please keep up! Makes VZW look really bad...:smileymad: just sayin" I vehemently support Verizon and I would like to see it shine once in awhile. Push the update pls!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4.3??????
king_cayman
Contributor - Level 1

What's the big uproar about version 4.3?  What new features?

I'm sure Apple and Verizon will get it out soon.

0 Likes
SFRNNJ

Apple got theirs a few days ago...lots of new stuff...go read about it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

SFRNNJ wrote:

Apple got theirs a few days ago...lots of new stuff...go read about it.

Most of it is bug fixes for the GSM iPhone.  The kernel needs to rewritten for CDMA, and during the development of the Verizon iPhone 4.3 was being developed for GSM only, and had no way of beta testing 4.3 for CDMA iPhones as well there wasn't one released.

THIS IS NOTHING LIKE FROYO VS GB.  Google and Apple do two DIFFERENT update processes.

Apple let's out a beta for developers to try out and see if any bugs arises.  Once they feel is completed they release a GM build, and shortly after they release the update.

Google releases the end result and fixes the bugs as they come along, but it's up to the manufacturers to update their devices, and not Googles.

As you can see DIFFERENT.  I have a feeling we are going to skip 4.3 and the next update it'll be for all versions.  We'll know within the next month or so if the development program opens with a CDMA and a GSM version(I am part of the development program).

0 Likes
amc_1989

It is Apple don't you mean AT&T.

0 Likes