$700 Trade-in promo not honored
KAONIMYLOVE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in 4 of my devices last February, 2022 and I have still yet to see the credit to my account like promised, I have contacted them multiple times via phone calls, chat, email, etc and they have no answers for me other than to wait a billing cycle to see if it shows up. I traded in my daughters iPhone 11 for $750 off kf her iPhone 13 Pro, my fiancés iPhone X for $750 off of his iPhone 13 Pro, my daughters Apple Watch 3 for a free Apple Watch 6 series PLUS a $86 credit I never received also, and I traded in my iPhone 8plus for $450 off my iPhone 13 Pro… i open my account and it says I owe the full amount on ALL 4 DEVICES!?!?!? All of my devices were paid off and the fact that I can’t get anyone to credit me or answer my questions really makes me wonder what the heck is going on Verizon?!? I’ve been with you for 12 years and I’ve about had it!  #trade-in #promo #iphone 13 pro

Labels (1)
Re: $700 Trade-in promo not honored
Clinntt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also received an $800 online “promo” in Sept 2022 for trading iPhone 12 in for iPhone 14. After receiving the iPhone 12 in the mail, Verizon notified me that the trade-in value was actually only $270.  I called them on Nov 12, and produced my email confirmation showing the $800 promo (which of course they have no record of), and the representative, Ken, said he would correct the trade-in value and I should see the $800 credit on my bill within 2 months. It is now Jan 27, 2023 ( well over two months), and surprise surprise, there is no sign of the $800 credit. I called them back and the representative said there is no record of the correction on the account, and they would investigate and get back to me within a week. I imagine I will not hear anything back next week, and when I call them back, there will be no record of the investigation. I presume this will go on until I get sick of calling them or forget about their thievery. My advise for others is to make sure you have a paper trail of all interactions- I always ask the call representatives to send me a text message with a summary of the interaction, and I carefully flag and print out any emails. The customer unfortunately bears the burden of proof in these exchanges,  and has no power without documentation of their lies. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for binging this to our attention, we need to get this resolved for you right away. Please send us a Private note. 

*Gen

0 Likes
Clinntt
Enthusiast - Level 2

For other unfortunate souls that have stumbled into this thread because of Verizon’s dishonest business practices, I strongly recommend filing a complaint with the FCC - https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us?return_to=%2Fhc%2Frequests

0 Likes
Clinntt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update-

After not hearing anything from verizon for a week, I called back to determine if their “investigation” came up with my missing $800 promo. The only thing the call rep could tell me was that the promo was denied. What a surprise.  No explanation, no supervisor to talk to as they are all “in meetings”.  Dasha at the executive relations department is unreachable. Please someone help, this company is knowingly taking advantage of people to line their greedy pockets. 

0 Likes
Clinntt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update-I can no longer get through to Verizon call center.  I am only given option to receive a call back at a designated time.  They did not call be back at the designated call back time (today at 2:00 pm). Verizon promised me $800 for my phone, accepted the device, and has not given me ANYTHING in return. Total thievery. Verizon  - either honor your deal or send me my phone back

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Clinntt. We're truly sorry to learn that you have not received your promised promotion. Please send us a Private Note so we can take a look into this for you. 

-Tanisha

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure we get to the bottom of this. Please reach out to us in a Private Note so we can discuss.

*Zachary

0 Likes