Activating used iPhone 4
jjg052590

Bought an iPhone 4 online.. I called and had the MEID checked, and they said it was clear.. I finally get it, go online to activate and it tells me that I need to call because it is already activated on another line. Obviously they are closed at this time, and it's driving me crazy? Any idea's what it could be? Did I buy just an expensive iPod Touch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activating used iPhone 4
Tidbits
Legend

The person who sold you the phone needs to activate a different device on their line.  Withought that then you bought an expensive iPod Touch.  Also keep in mind they will put a data plan on your line as well as it is required regardless if you bought a new or used device.

0 Likes
jjg052590

I'm just confused, because he had been using it previously before he told it to me and switched to Sprint. Read somewhere that it may be until his billing cycle ends. I currently have an Android so I have a data package on my line already.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

jjg052590 wrote:

I'm just confused, because he had been using it previously before he told it to me and switched to Sprint. Read somewhere that it may be until his billing cycle ends. I currently have an Android so I have a data package on my line already.

He still owes money and they are not going to release the device until it is paid off.  If he canceled his service then that's what is.
0 Likes
jjg052590
So does this mean it's a bad esn? If not will they clear it?
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

jjg052590 wrote:
So does this mean it's a bad esn? If not will they clear it?
Once the bill has been paid then it should free up, but until then it will be cleared.  If it was "stolen" and then sold to you before it was marked stolen then you will be SOL.
0 Likes
jjg052590
So basically whenever he pays the last cycle it will auto unlock? Thanks so much. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Probably has auto pay for last day to pay. I know my cycle just ended but isn't due to be paid until November 15.
0 Likes