Activation trouble please help
Thompson30

I activated my phone and was given a number but when the phone activated it gave me a different number  I called verizon and they told me that my original carrier was not verizon and to contact the apple store after doing that I was told my original carrier was verizon but my phone still is giving me the wrong number please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation trouble please help
mama23dogs
Legend

HHuh?

what number?  Phone number?  did you port your number?

please try to explain better with more detail?

Thompson30

The number that was programmed to my phone is not a verizon number. And I can't figure out how to change it I have been on the phone with tech support all day an they say they have never had a case like this also I was told to give them up to 48 hours to resolve the issue I have tried re programming without success

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

They may have never heard of a case like this since it still is not clear what the series of events are. I know you tried to explain it, but honestly, no one can really make sense of what you did. Please try to go in order and be detailed what you did.

Is this a new number, or an old number you are having transferred from a different phone? Is it from Verizon or a different carrier?

When you login your account, what does it tell you your phone number is?

How did you activate the phone? In the Apple Store, On the phone with Verizon, Online?

What do you mean you tried "reprogramming"

Does the phone number ring your phone when you dial the number from a different phone? Can you call out to someone else. Do text messages work to and from the phone? Do you have data services?

0 Likes
Thompson30

Ok it's a brand new phone and as soon as I activated the phone online with verizon it gave me a telephone number well I have no phone service at my house so when I came to town today I dialed the *228 as instructed and it programmed the phone but with a different telephone number then the one I was given so I called 611 and am now in the process of waiting on tech support to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Is this a basic phone? If it is a smartphone with 4G LTE you should never dial *228

Thompson30

I got it fixed

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes