Re: Anybody regret switching from a droid x to a iphone
Tidbits
Legend

richie72846 wrote:

briankeith513 wrote:

If you have a Droid X, or ANY Android, these are some of the pros and cons of going to the Iphone 4.  Cons-Iphone 4 is much less customizable(unless you jailbreak it).  Iphone 4 has less free apps, and free ways up putting apps on your device.  Iphone 4 has a subpar notification system with a subpar alerts customization ability.  It also sucks not having adobe flash anymore. Oh yeah, and having to use Itunes for media management really sucks compared to being able to just drop and drag, and being able to use a memory card.

Pros-Iphone 4 has a much more unified ui/os, with smoother operation, less glitches(random reboots, force closes, etc).  Also, Iphone 4 has better battery life than any Android device that I've used or seen.  The Iphone also has more apps, and usually higher quality apps than android.  Another great thing is, just as you can customize an Android phone by rooting, you can do many of the exact same things by jailbreaking your Iphone, but it will probably cost more.  

For me, I've been team Android since the OG' Droid, but after seeing force closes, random reboots, other weird glitches, and poor battery life, with every Android phone that I've ever used, (Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X, HTC Evo, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Atrix, and Motorola Xoom), I had to give the Iphone 4 a shot, and it's much better than previous Iphone models in my opinion, and now, after jailbreaking it, I don't miss Android at all.  Oh yeah, and for those that need occasional adobe flash for website browsing, try Puffin on Iphone.  Its not the best browser, but it gets the job done to display flash web content, and sound.

What a great post. You have summed it up in a nutshell. Are you at all familiar with the iPhone antenna problem as reported in Consumer Reports, and if so, is it enough of a reason not to get an iPhone4 ?

Depends who you ask.  My wife and I do not have this problem AT ALL, but the one thing I did notice my mother WILL have this problem.  I think it's more of a biological thing than an iPhone 4 thing.  Some people will have more electrical charge on their extremidies than other people.  Did you know 2% of the human population can't use touch screens at all while 5% will have their touchscreen be super sensitive?  Best option is to try it out in store and see if you have a problem.  If you don't take it home and if it gives your problems return it.  Don't hold onto it and complain about it.  You have an option to get away.

0 Likes
briankeith513
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I'm familiar with that problem on At&t Iphone 4's, however, I've yet to see it on mine, my wife's, or my mother's Iphone 4 with VZW.  I saw that Consumer Reports said that about the VZW Iphone as well, but various other companies tested the VZW Iphone 4, and they didn't notice this issue.  Most reliable reports suggest that the issue is mostly non-existant on the VZW Iphone, or that it at least happens a lot less.  

richie72846 wrote:

briankeith513 wrote:

If you have a Droid X, or ANY Android, these are some of the pros and cons of going to the Iphone 4.  Cons-Iphone 4 is much less customizable(unless you jailbreak it).  Iphone 4 has less free apps, and free ways up putting apps on your device.  Iphone 4 has a subpar notification system with a subpar alerts customization ability.  It also sucks not having adobe flash anymore. Oh yeah, and having to use Itunes for media management really sucks compared to being able to just drop and drag, and being able to use a memory card.

Pros-Iphone 4 has a much more unified ui/os, with smoother operation, less glitches(random reboots, force closes, etc).  Also, Iphone 4 has better battery life than any Android device that I've used or seen.  The Iphone also has more apps, and usually higher quality apps than android.  Another great thing is, just as you can customize an Android phone by rooting, you can do many of the exact same things by jailbreaking your Iphone, but it will probably cost more.  

For me, I've been team Android since the OG' Droid, but after seeing force closes, random reboots, other weird glitches, and poor battery life, with every Android phone that I've ever used, (Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X, HTC Evo, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Atrix, and Motorola Xoom), I had to give the Iphone 4 a shot, and it's much better than previous Iphone models in my opinion, and now, after jailbreaking it, I don't miss Android at all.  Oh yeah, and for those that need occasional adobe flash for website browsing, try Puffin on Iphone.  Its not the best browser, but it gets the job done to display flash web content, and sound.

What a great post. You have summed it up in a nutshell. Are you at all familiar with the iPhone antenna problem as reported in Consumer Reports, and if so, is it enough of a reason not to get an iPhone4 ?

0 Likes
bprathe

I SWITCHED TO IPONE4S JUST TO TRY. IVE BEEN A HUGE DROID RAZR FAN AND LOVE THE ANDROID SYSTEM. WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE OS7 UPGRADE ON IPHONE IS THE SCREEN RESOLUTION AND CAMERA QUALITIES. EVEN THOUGH THE SCREEN IS SMALLER I CAN READ IT EASIER. PLUS I GOT THE IPHONE FOR ONLY A 100.00 FROM A FRIEND. WORTH A TRY. THE DROID HAS SOME FEATURES THAT THE IPHONE DID NOT HAVE SO IN COMES THE I0S7 SOFTWARE UPDATE WHICH BRIDGED THAT GAP. STILL LOVE DROID THO AND WILL PROBABLY SWITCH BACK AND FORTH OVER THE NEXT TWO YEARS. JUST KINDA HOW I ROLL...

0 Likes