Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

The first rep I spoke to was obviously NEW and knew nothing about activating my iPhone 5 on a differnt number on my account than the number that was upgraded. Now I get mixed answers most of them saying I can't activate on a differnt line until the sim ages out in about 24 hours if you are going through this or if you have got your activated on the line you want after the 24 hours please explain!  My last rep I spoke to NOW says the sim card needs to be removed for 24 hours.... I have no idea what's going on or if I will be able to activate this on another line!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
tanishas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Everyone,

If you wish to transfer your service and phone number from one 4G LTE phone to another, the simplest

way to do so is generally by moving your SIM card from the first phone to the second.

However, because the SIM card in your iPhone 5 is different from the SIM card in other Verizon 4G LTE devices, the SIM cards are not interchangeable.

If you have already activated your new iPhone 5 and you wish to move it to a different mobile number;  remove the sim card; wait 24 hours; then follow these steps:

Step Go to verizonwireless.com/activatenow and sign in to My Verizon (as the Account Owner or

Account Manager).

Step Select a line (if applicable) and click Next.

Step Follow instructions for Backup Assistant∞.

• If Backup Assistant is already installed, click the Back Up Phone Now button.

• If eligible for Backup Assistant, click the Install Backup Assistant button and follow the

steps to install from device.

• If NOT eligible for Backup Assistant, click the appropriate Operating System link and

follow the steps.

Step Select Next.

Step Type the Device ID (ESN, MEID or IMEI). Select Submit.

Step Type the SIM ID Code (located on the label of the box). Select Next.

Step Select the check box for the desired feature(s). Click Continue.

Step Review and confirm the selected updates. Select Submit.

Thank you,

TanishaS_VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Tanisha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I also went into the store they found a sim card and still didnt work.

0 Likes
mfisher

I am also having the same issue. I synced with iTunes and I have no service.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

I had a similar issue. I purchased the phone under one number planning to switch to another on my plan. Got the phone and called VZW before activating the phone. They switched the iphones5 to the line I wanted but said the SIM card was in "pending" status and it could take 1 hours or it may take until midnight/ She said they do random pushed during the day but at midnight is when VZW has an automatic full push of anything pending. She said to make sure my old phone and iphone 5 were both off so the process could take place. Powered up after about 2 hours and still not active yet. In the meantime I added some apps and did a few other things on the i5 and then all of a sudden the popup box appeared stating phone was now active. I didn't have to go to the store to switch SIM cards or anything. Just had to wait for the "pending" switch to push through and I've been running great for 2 hours now.

0 Likes
Drinkie46
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi, I am having the same problems, have had a wild and frankly disgraceful experience with various Verizon reps, and finally gave up until the 24 hours is up for the sim to age (as they explained to me) and for me to try again tomorrow. I had stayed home today to accept delivery and spent in total around 5 hours of my life I will never get back working with Verizon reps on the phone and visiting the local store, and I still have a very nice looking house brick effectively.

Hopefully tomorrow it will activate after the sim ages.........

0 Likes
arenee75

I was told the same thing about a 24 hour wait.  But I went online to My Verizon, then went into the Activate or switch phone link.  I then chose the phone I wanted to activate the Iphone 5 on.  It will then ask you for the IMEI # and the Sim card #.  I found out that the Sim card # is actually the ICCID # listed on your receipt.  That is it!  Took me longer to sync with icloud than it did to activate new phone.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

This might be due to it not being fully activated on the first number I have been trying this all day with no luck!! I am hopeing for the 24 hour period but at this point it's not looking good.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Mine was activated at 10:30 am or so so if it's not working by that time tomorrow I guess we got a i5 iPod...

0 Likes
mfisher

It worked for me too thanks!

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

WHat time was the 5 activated on the diffrent number?

0 Likes