App notifications still going to old phone
paru0610

Upgraded from iPhone 5se to iPhone 11.  Everything transferred over just fine and is working, however notifications from 3rd party apps (e.g. weather, news, etc) are still going to the 5se. 

I have power cycled the 11, and ensured that all of my notification options in the apps are configured correctly. The settings in each app on both the 11 and the 5se are identical.

Do I need to sign out of iCloud on the 5se?  Remove the 5se somehow? Something else? And how do I go about doing this?  There is no information about how to deactivate an old device in the support material, only how to activate the new one. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: App notifications still going to old phone
mama23dogs
Legend

Why wouldn’t those notifications go to your old phone? I have an iPad that’s Wi-Fi only I still get notifications for everything. If you don’t want to get the notifications factory reset the phone and don’t set it up again.   Otherwise just like if you had a Wi-Fi only iPad, or an iPod, all notifications (with the exception of phone calls and text messages that are not from another idevice) will continue to go to both your new and your old phone.   

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

And there is information if you look:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on upgrading to the iPhone 11 and we hope you're enjoying your new device! We're sorry to hear that notifications from third party apps are continuing to be sent to your previous device. We've also noted the troubleshooting steps you've completed and thank you for completing them.

Since you have your new phone up and running, we recommend completing a factory reset (e.g., Reset all settings) for your old phone. This will result in you not continuing to receive notifications from third party apps. This website link includes the "How to" steps to initiate the process at http://spr.ly/6600y53Up. We're confident that this will work for you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes