Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
ACOOK7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to turn off and back on my phone and watch after changing my data setting pjfla, maybe that will help?

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amy, I'm happy for you, but as is the case with others, my phone was already set to "Voice & Data".  But on another site, others are reporting success by following the steps below so I plan to try these too.

Out of curiosity, did any of the customer service agents who reached out to some of you by private message help you to solve this problem?  None have reached out to me so I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything Smiley Happy.

The steps I plan to try:

1. Setup Apple Watch LTE, grab the IMEI

2. Factory reset Apple Watch to dissociate it from Verizon's system

3. Call in and give the service rep the IMEI so they can manually add the line into your account

4. Setup Apple Watch again. You'll find the watch automatically provisioned with the service line.

0 Likes
pjfla

Thanks acook.  I rebooted phone and watch, no luck.  Wow this is bad.

0 Likes
CHRFRI63

Same here. I’ve spent three days dealing with both Verizon and Apple on this with no luck.  The only  consistent information I have gotten is that there is a known issue that Verizon is trying to fix.  I spent a good half a day trying  unsuccessfully to convince Verizon that the watch did not have a physical Sim card. This is not fun.

0 Likes
ACOOK7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

The rep that reached out to me stopped communication altogether. Rather disappointed since she linked the watch to my husband’s line yesterday and then dropped off the face of the earth and i had to fix everything myself

0 Likes
pjfla

Any luck MFC?  I tried to give the rep my IMEI # and he said he already shows it 😕

0 Likes
CHRFRI63

Here’s what I just did to get it to work. I had initially set up the watch and then contacted Verizon. I just reset the watch to factory conditions. Then I call Verizon and ask them to undo everything they had done and then redo it. Once that was done, I set up the Watch again and cellular was connected with no problem.

Christoffer Friend

0 Likes
CrappleUser

Essentially I have been on the phone for 4 days being told that my SIM card was missing and to take it to the store to have the watch opened and one installed................

i take a Le a two hour lunch and go to the store... the sales person literally laughed and said “there is no SIM card, it’s all digital. there is nothing we can do to help. You can either get back on the phone with tech support or return it. We can’t order an exchange because the ETA is too far out to receive a new device and the system wont allow it”.

i call customer service again. They put me with tech... the people who think there is a physical SIM card to be installed... I was sent from tier 1 to tier 2, transfered to Apple tier 1 then tier 2. It was there I was told the watch is defective and my only option with Apple is to send it in for repair.

i called customer service to update them on their... performance... and let them know I want a NEW one ordered. It came out of the box jacked up not after 3 weeks of use. I was advised the only solution was to go to the store to return it and then order a new one. Needless to say... Verizon... I hate you.

0 Likes
laurastreit

I just spent 2 1/2 more hours with tech support via phone. I finally reached someone who finally realized that my phone’s electronic SIM card was not working therefore, my account couldn’t be activated. She is sending me a brand new replacement watch. It may take 2 weeks to get here but she also gave me $10 credit on my account for the month of me not being able to use it. Thanks to the Tech somewhere in Kentucky!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

PJ, I think the process will work for many but it didn’t work for me.  You need to ask to speak to the telesales dept.  The person I spoke to said he had activated about 15 watches today.  Unfortunately, my activation failed.  I was then passed to next level technical support who couldn’t figure it out, and I am now waiting a callback from Apple tomorrow.

0 Likes