Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
pjfla

Did that already.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the steps you have taken to troubleshoot the activation, mfc1963. I want to ensure we exhaust all options to activate your device. I have sent you a direct message. Please reply so I can continue to assist.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANTEST68

IMG_3441.PNGIMG_3434.PNG

I'm unfortunately having the same issue! I was actually able to get my watch to be manually activated on Monday, the day I received it, by Customer Care. I even received a couple of calls on the watch away from the phone!

I woke up this morning, and now my watch is no longer activated, on no plan, and has NO SIM! I have taken screen shots of the watch in the Cellular section showing No Sim under plan, and in the General>About>ICCID: No Sim.

I have been on high level support with Verizon and even conferenced in High Level Apple support, with no resolution. Apparently with a new product, we really shouldn't be having this issue. I knew I couldn't have been the only one experiencing this issue. I'm hoping tech support can get together and resolve this issue. I'm afraid since my watch is stating No Sim, I'm pretty sure this can't be resolved over the phone, without replacing the watch.

PS - I did check my cellular settings like someone else mentioned, but I was already set to Voice & Data under the Enable LTE.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did they get back in touch with you? Did they engage you "privately"? Apple should fully disclose the problems with some of the devices w.r.t. activation, and the software w.r.t. the watch connecting to un-authorized WiFi APs without connectivity.

VZW should post some reviews of the Apple Watch Series 3... I wonder if people are complaining about problems. No one should burn any part of their device return period or be penalized for restocking.

Good luck.

0 Likes
ANTEST68

Hi,

Yes, I also did a 3 way with Apple on the line. Turns out the Sim in the

watch can be turned on and off by the carriers! So, I reset my watch and

unpaired it and tried to set it up again, but still had an issue. Upon

calling Verizon back, they said there is a switch ticket in the system for

my line and it takes up to 24 hours but could happen at midnight. So, in

the morning I will check to see if I can set it up. Plus, the VZW tech said

I should set up the watch OFF the wifi! Apparently it needs to hit the

towers. That was the first time I heard of that method. So, we shall see.

0 Likes
CHRFRI63

I posted previously, but wanted to post again because I had success doing the following. When I first got my watch, I set it up and paired it with my phone. I then tried to connect to cellular, which failed, which led to multiple conversations with Verizon and Apple. I then went back and set my watch to factory condition. Then I called Verizon and asked them to remove all references to the watch and then to put the information in again. In the process, by the way, the ICCID number on the Verizon website identified with my watch changed. In any event, once Verizon had re-done everything from their end, I set up the watch, paired it with my phone, and it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, this solution worked for some people but not all of us.

0 Likes
ZAFMOH38
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got Watch-3 from apple store on Friday morning but unable to activate cellular feature. So, I went to Verizon store and spend more than 30 mins just to add into device and the store guy said it will be activated in 20-30 mins and was still having the issue. So, I called Verizon support and waited for 30-45 mins for support. One tech support told that it was known issue and there is no ETA when it will be fixed. After doing some google and found it's issue with Verizon. So, once again went to store and did not resolve the issue. So, I called tech support and they told to change get new SIM because I'm bringing non-Verizon iphone-6 because I swtiched from AT&T to verizon few month back. Even after changing SIM does not work. Now once again after spending an hour with Verizon Tech2 support, they are telling me to buy new Verizon iphone or give my iphone6 trade-in iphone6 with $100 and get the same iphone6. This is ridiculous support. I wasted like 5 days with very long delays in support and going to verizon store 3 times and spending longer wait times. Verizon should have posted that they will not support non-Verizon iphone-6 for an apple watch 3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ACOOK7409
We certainly want to make sure that you can get your stellar watch activated. I have had this issue with several customers. What has worked with them is to complete the "Set up cellular service for device" set up multiple times to push the activation through.

NicoleT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
0 Likes
ZAFMOH38
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried 10 times and every time the same message

"Device not added"

Sorry, we can't add this device at this time.

So, the issue still exists.

0 Likes