Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
GABSTE69
Enthusiast - Level 2

'GersonG_VZW" was the guy that put me in touch with the right girl to fix it for me...

ETRAP
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you please tell me how you were able to get them to fix it?

0 Likes
ETRAP
Enthusiast - Level 1

GersonG_VZW,

do you know how to resolve this issue, or know a person which can help?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep might not realize that you are trying to get their attention if you don't mention hyperlink in the community forum which sends a notice to that community member. gersong_vzw

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, ETRAP.

We want to ensure there are no more issues with the  activation of your Apple Watch Series 3.

There are some things we need to ensure are already taken care of. 

Verify the following device steps:
•iPhone is on the latest software version (iOS 11.0.3).

•iPhone (host device) must be HD Voice capable, have HD Voice turned on (LTE Voice & Data), and on an eligible plan (see plan eligibility):◦Device Path: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Voice and Data (On)

•iPhone must be on Carrier Bundle 29.1 or higher (Check via Settings > General > About > Carrier).
•The watch is on the latest software version (watchOS 4.0.1, bundle 1.0.1), and it is a cellular version (red dot on crown).
•iPhone is not on Wi-Fi at time of watch pairing.

Has all of this been verified?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AMYADA10

I tried all the other solutions people had mentioned. This one worked for me. Thanks for posting, and I hope it helps other people.

0 Likes
B2THEWALL

I’m having the same issue as others on this thread. Can the Verizon team contact me? Thanks.

0 Likes
DCMOM2

Iagermeister, thanks for posting the switching to “voice and data” suggestion.  Received an Apple 3 series watch for Christmas and was having the same cellular connection problems as many posters here. Verizon tier 2 technicians told me there was an “open ticket” for all Apple watches, that they are “working with Apple”, and  currently have no solution.  Tech was apologetic but had no suggestions to offer.  Switching my cellular options to voice and data seems to have done the trick.  Have only received 2 test calls so far but appears to be working fine.  Have not tried switching settings back to data only as voice calls are clear and don’t want to upset the Apple cart.  Good luck, everyone!

0 Likes
karolined_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulties with your Apple Watch, and apologize for the delayed response! I am hoping that you've already gotten the help you need, but if not, we don't want to leave you hanging. To clarify, have you already attempted the solution marked "correct" in this thread, of ensuring that under Cellular Options it shows Voice and Data? The other important settings to consider are:

•iPhone is on the latest software version.

•iPhone (host device) must be HD Voice capable, have HD Voice turned on (LTE Voice & Data), and on an eligible plan (see plan eligibility):◦Device Path: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Voice and Data (On)

•iPhone must be on Carrier Bundle 29.1 or higher (Check via Settings > General > About > Carrier).
•The watch is on the latest software version, and it is a cellular version (red dot on crown).
•iPhone is not on Wi-Fi at time of watch pairing.

I have also sent you a private message so that we may work directly together as per your request; please reply at your earliest convenience if you're still needing assistance.

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JPGII

I too had trouble setting up my watch.  The initial configuration seemed to work ok but received the 'no sim' error message and no apparent cellular connection. I tried to configure the cellular connection from my iPhone using the watch app - error stating 'still working on it, could take up to 30 minutes' after logging into the Verizon website site.  Waited several hours, no change. I reset my phone several times, same with the watch, also turned off bluetooth, wifi, and everything else mentioned here (data/voice LTE etc..). I finally reset my watch to factory settings and re-configured the device, still no connection.  Also, interestingly, my watch was not listed as a device on the Verizon wireless website (grayed out box with the new phone number - nothing more).

Called Verizon and Cassandra tried for about an hour to get it to work. She checked the device ID #'s to confirm they matched what was in their system.  She had me turn on/off the watch several times and 'pushed through' the device on their network.  She said they could not see the watch on their side either (same as I observed on My Device section of Verizon wireless website). She tried all of the things listed above. She did not mention any discrepancies with the numbers.

She kicked me over to another tech named Chris, he went through some of the same exercises.  Eventually the cellular icon was lit up on the watch control panel and seemed to indicated I had access to the network.  I was able to then see the network connection via the watch app on my iPhone. We then reset the watch again to factory settings and re-configure the device, seemed to work.  I also had to power cycle my iPhone. Not sure what he did (if anything) or it took some time for the watch to register on their network. He called back in about 45 minutes to verify everything was working ok.  So far so good.

They also asked me to confirm I had updated all software for the watch and phone (which I did before calling Verizon).  The Verizon number I called was 1-866-406-5154.

0 Likes