Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular Activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IrishND2001, losing you as part of the VZW family. We always strive to provide you great services as your network connection to make sure your calls are processed and data is allowing excellent surfing. I am saddened that you were informed of a later than expected date for a remedy to the Apple Watch situation. Since Apple software and updates are not mandated or created by Verizon Wireless, we have to await the release for the fix of this matter. We really do apologize about this situation. I'm sure once the fix is released the watch will be working properly. 

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
irishND2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

With all due respect, do your research before mouthing off here. This has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with Verizon. I've been told this not only by Apple, but by Verizon itself. The problem is due entirely to a systems issue on Verizon's end. Verizon is not waiting for Apple to release a "fix" for this. Verizon is simply taking its sweet time, betting that it won't lose that many customers by not correcting this problem in a timely manner. Sadly, they're probably right. But that just shows how little Verizon cares about its customers, and what an amazing hassle it is to simultaneously port multiple lines to another carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’d regret seeing you leave us because of this experience, IrishND2001. We understand the importance of getting your Apple Watch activated, and we won’t rest until we accomplish this. We’d like to get a fresh look into this issue. So we can do that, please reply to the private message we have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CHRLIB50

I am having the same issue.  Started when I switched to an android and switched back to iPhone.  Yes I have the right aim cause I switched back to the one from the iPhone.  I have wasted easily 10 hours   Today they claim the issue is fixed.  It is not still having the same issues I have been having for near 2 weeks.  If it isn’t fixed EOD Monday I’m switching to t-mobile.  Expensive device out of warranty that is a complete waste now

0 Likes
woodfart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Natsha,

Can you help me with this same issue.  Have purchased an Apple Watch series 3 and cannot get the cellular activated. 

0 Likes
AMASWO95

Has anyone had this resolved lately? Paid extra for the watch with cellular, and can't get it to work after 20 minutes on chat with Verizon and 30 minutes on the phone with them. They to,d me it may take a "while " to activate, but what does that even mean?

0 Likes
THESWEDE84

***SOLUTION***  I have had all the same issues and Verizon was unable to help.   Here is what I did  to fix the problem myself (I cannot guarantee it will work for you)

1. Start fresh by fully unpairing device (and "remove plan" for cellular option if it pops up)

2. Turn off WiFi (try to move far enough away from WiFi signal or unplug router)

3. While WiFi is off, pair device normally and go through cellular setup normally. 

4. After full pairing is complete, completely turn off both devices.

5. **turn on Apple Watch first (do not turn on Cell Phone yet)

6.  Look for Green Cellular icon in Swipe Up settings at watch face screen.  (or green dots showing signal)

7.  Now turn on Cell phone.  As you turn on your cell phone the Green icon will turn white as watch connects to Cell Phone.

8. Test your watch cellular signal by walking far away from the cell phone or power down cell phone again.  Green cellular icon should turn on once out of range of cell phone.   

Hope that helps everyone!  

0 Likes