Apple Watch Series 7 Cellular watch getting stuck on the E911 screen
OMMF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been trying to set up my new Apple Watch Series 7 Cellular watch and can't get pass the E911 screen. It's just a blank white screen. Happens both on the phone and on the website under Chrome. I was able to add device on the web using Firefox so it shows in my account, but I still can't get it to work on the phone. 

I go to Cellular, Set up Cellular, Set up Cellular

Enter my password then Continue

The plan is picked for me, then hit continue

I see E911 popup quickly then the screen goes white. Have a black band with the Verizon log and a link to cancel at the top. The rest of the screen is white. 

75 Replies
soloer

I'll definitely call support then. Seems I need to anyway as I'm looking at my future bill and it lists more than one apple watch line added when I currently have none.

0 Likes
Sj9135938573

I stand corrected.  Verizon was finally able to register it.  Took a reboot of the phone for the plan to show up, then a reboot of the watch to get it going.  

All good now.

I just chatted and gave them the IMEI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear everything is working now.  Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else. *Lisa

0 Likes
soloer

Here's a +1 on this issue with my new AW Series 7. I've spent a few hours in chat/on the phone with Verizon support people and keep running into issues with disconnects and not getting anywhere. It took a couple hours just to get my AW Series 6 removed from my account. Very frustrating, and now I have a watch with no cell service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to help. To clarify, are you experiencing a blank screen after choosing a plan for your watch? -Corey

0 Likes
jskaisle

@vzw_customer_support  My suggestion is open internal trouble ticket to web developer.

looks like parameters that passing from plan selection to E911 page breaks page display.

Plz open a ticket to web developer.

0 Likes
Cellomiya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Corey, 

If your goal is trying to help, I would suggest that your team reads all of the posts here, summarize the comments and investigate. Asking such fundamental question related to the issue shows the level of low urgency from Verizon. 

soloer

Yes, I see something about 911 pop up briefly and then the screen blanks out to just a white screen with no way to acknowledge or proceed.

0 Likes
Flamingo79

I am having the exact same issue. Spent hours on support with Verizon and finally they told me it was a problem with my watch. How are there support reps not aware this is a bigger issue??!! Then I spent hours on support with apple, then went into apple store. It was an apple store guy who finally went onto Verizon forum and found these threads. So annoyed 

0 Likes
Cellomiya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact phenomenon here. Please let us know the solution. 

0 Likes
principessaG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with my Apple Watch 7. Hopefully someone finds a solution soon. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that your Apple Watch Series 7 (Cellular watch is getting stuck on the E911 screen. Let's work together to get this resolved. Has this happened before? Were there any recent changes to your Apple Watch S7? (e.g., software update, etc.) We'd like to help. Thanks!-Robert C.

0 Likes
Cellomiya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Robert,

No change point in my case that would trigger the issue. I just purchased the series 7 Apple Watch yesterday and just trying to add the watch cell service. After I select the plan (only choice is $10/mo), it tries to go to the next step (e911 something), but the screen shows for less than a second and shows a blank screen. The issue is the same as how all other members are describing. Please investigate and let us know the resolution. 

0 Likes
ulfmagnetics
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just adding a +1 here -- I have exactly the same issue as the original poster. Getting stuck on the E911 screen after selecting a plan. I bought a 41mm Series 7 GPS+Cellular (Stainless Steel, Graphite) from the Apple Store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing such detailed information. We'll do everything we can to get your Apple Watch Series 7 working correctly (e.g., Apple Wat ch getting stuck on the E911 screen).

Have there been any recent changes with your Smartwatch? (e.g., software update, etc.) We certainly don't want to have you repeating troubleshooting steps that you may have already completed. What troubleshooting steps have you completed? -Robert C.

0 Likes
MarshallDalmatian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I visited a Verizon store earlier today and had a similar experience activating my Apple Watch Series 7. The rep tried multiple ways to transfer my cellular package from my old watch to my new. This included using their tablet to transfer the IMEI, try creating a new cellular plan for the new watch and other attempts. She said that she was hitting the E911 screen as well and was unable to proceed. She had called someone higher up in a call center and had a conversation with them. The individual looked into it with his manager. The rep on the phone confirmed that Verizon is having an issue with their activation server for watches. The rep on the phone could not give an estimate but it seems they are aware of the issue to some extent. I just tried about 10 minutes ago with the E911 screen briefly appearing and then going blank unable to enter any data for it. I hope this helps, just my experience! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, MarshallDalmatian. We are sorry to hear that there is an issue activating your Apple Watch series 7. We do see an alert about this issue,but it also has solution we can try for you. We are going to send you a Private Note to assist your further. *Cassie

0 Likes
Red_Tonic

@vzw_customer_support I am also having issues with the 911 screen on the watch setup. I am switching the watch to a different phone number on the same Verizon account. I get the address screen but only edit or cancel. No submit button. please help Apple Watch Series 7 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Red_Tonic, thanks for reaching out on this thread. Have you been able to complete every step on this link https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-219982/

-Kevin

0 Likes
Dperez001

Can you send me the same alert on how to fix it? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dperez001, when you reach this screen on your watch activation, it will ask to enter the address you wish to use for the emergency address. Are you able to enter address you wish to use? *Jose

0 Likes