Are you selling your 4S for the iPhone 5?
ratman2050

Since the iPhone 5 is scheduled to be released sometime in the next few months, I am debating on selling my wife's iPhone 4 and my 4S to get the iPhone 5. I've sold my iPhone 3GS's to sites like Gazelle in the past but I found Tech Twurl to have a better price. How many people plan to sell their 4s!?! Anyone sell their electronics before and have some places they'd like to share?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are you selling your 4S for the iPhone 5?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I sold an iPhone 4 through ebay (sold it after I realized it was not damaged in my car accident as it originally seemed to be from liquid damage)...I got more selling it myself than anywhere I checked would offer me even with full disclosure of why I was selling it. I won't be selling my 4s  because it's only 5 months old so I don't NEED a new one and if I decide to upgrade to the 5 I will be eligible for upgrade anyway...but whenever I do decide to purchase a new device I will likely opt to pay full retail so that I can keep my unlimited data plan. Most of the time I think you can get more money selling your devices yourself...especially if it is in great condition (no physical damage and you have all of the accessories that go with it for example). Really just depends on how you wish to handle it.

0 Likes
ratman2050

True, however, eBay has a lot of policies nowadays on new users. I sold some stuff on eBay and they hold my payments for 21 days!!

I think the reselling websites are the best bet for people who aren't familiar with eBay.

0 Likes
Timfatl

I've had good success selling my old iPhones on eBay.  Got higher prices then the trade in offers.  Timing is everything though.

0 Likes