Auto Brightness Setting
JahMush

When I set auto-brightness to on, does it use my current brightness setting as the maximum or minimum brightness?

Or does it use full auto and my custom brightness level is ignored?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Auto Brightness Setting
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

@TomCat03 im sure the iphone instantly changed brightness when the sensor detects light, @JahMush When you set to auto-brightness. It measures by itself depending on light.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Your customer setting should be ignored if you have Auto Brightness on. The custom setting is only a temporary adjustment when it's turned on or obviously the setting when turned off.

The other thing to know if you don't already is that the auto brightness will take about 60 seconds to fully adjust. use to be instant but not anymore. i wish it would go back to being an instant change when the lighting changes.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

@TomCat03 im sure the iphone instantly changed brightness when the sensor detects light, @JahMush When you set to auto-brightness. It measures by itself depending on light.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

ios 6 messed up auto brightness a little. With AutoBrightness turned ON in IOS5, the phone would adjust brightness almost immediately. Once I, along with many others, updated 4s & 5 to IOS6 it took about a minute for the screen brightness to actually adjust even though I'm sure the phone detects the light level immediately. Give it a shot for yourself and let me know if you don't experience this. To test mine, I went from a well lit room where brightness was high to a completely dark room and right around the 60 sec mark I saw the screen adjust to a little dimmer to match the lower light levels.

Maybe not all phone react this way but I know it's an issue with many.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

mine takes a good 3-6 secs, iphone 4. iOS 6, although yes it takes a bit longer depending on the well lit room.

iOS 6.0.1 should be releasing soon, so wait for that.

0 Likes