Re: Bad reception all of a sudden
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kelly_49,

Thanks for those helpful details.  I've reviewed our coverage map and found there to be a few areas of opportunity in those zip codes.  Now, have you always had troubles with reception at these locations or is this a recent change? Do other users seem to have troubles here as well? Does it appear to be indoors specifically?

TrevorC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sweetface80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried all of that but it still drops calls, ect.. I even went to a Verizon store to have them look at it and they did a soft reboot and even changed the SIM card but still having the same issue. Honestly, ever since Verizon updated their phone system to  accommodate data usage while on a call, the phone has been acting up,  surely their has to be other  Verizon wireless customers with the same complaint .

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Reception has been bad since the 5.0 lollipop update. They are currently working on putting out 5.1 which will hopefully resolve a lot of issues; this one included.

They may have mentioned and you have tried these things but here are few options:

Power device off and remove battery and sim card for a couple minutes and reinstall

Reset Network Settings

Clear all cache and data

Factory reset

Do any of you use advanced calling? VoLTE?

0 Likes
clem364

You can add me to the list of people that all of a sudden started experiencing bad cellular reception in my house.

It's horrible...instead of a iPhone, I now have an iPod in my house.

Please help

0 Likes
jharo

All I have to day is Verizon is just as bad as Sprint. I switch almost 1 year ago from Sprint to Verizon. when i changed the Verizon rep says " you get what you pay for". Here at Verizon We have the best service all around. I say don't believe a salesman. I switched both my lines and all was good for the first couple weeks, but then i thought I still had service with Sprint dropped calls slow data speeds, and very slow text messaging. I have called tech support many times. At lease when i was with sprint they at least acted like they cared. Here with verizon they make you feel like oooooh yeaaaa!!!!! ;you on contract with us you going no where... And they will tell you there is nothing wrong with our service we show you have perfect service.... big mistake in my part. should have stayed with sprint they were 40$ cheaper a month unlimited and gave you the same bad service but there customer support was a little more supportive. they would at least credit my account to make me feel a little comfort.. Verizon says if you need to switch service they cant stop you.. I just wish i didnt feel like i was taken advantage of when i switched over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us, jharo. We do care, and you should absolutely get the best service available with us. Where exactly are you experiencing slow data speeds and text messaging? (zip code) Also, which phones do you have? We can certainly do some troubleshooting to try and get thios resolved. Please share details.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Jarhead3121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to that list as well... 41042. I've been sitting at the same desk in my home office that I have been for years. Now my voice cuts out on calls. I recently traveled to Atlanta, and I did not experience these issues. This morning back from my trip, I had several repeats of "You are breaking up". I have an iPhone 6 that I recently updated to 8.4.1. I've reset the device, and I even removed my Otterbox case. This needs to get fixed as I am on conference calls all day long.

0 Likes
Jarhead3121
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI, but I've disabled LTE, and this appears to have addressed my issue so far. Will report back as the day goes on.

0 Likes
Deskman

Same here. I upgraded from the IPhone 4 to the iPhone6 and now drop calls all the time. Hard time getting data when no wifi available either.

Live in 44130 and work in 44133.  People in my office have no reception issues with there carriers.

0 Likes
Ccole50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am outside of Cleveland, OK. I switched from ATT because of the poor signal and for several years had great service here. THEN, about 2-3 months ago, I get 1 bar...maybe.  It’s like it used to be with ATT. what the heck is going on?

0 Likes