Blocked Calls
Tooterkins

I was able to successfully block a caller after reading how to do it through one of these forums (I'm a Verizon subscriber).  My question is this:   Does this person know that he/she is blocked in both text messaging and phone calls?  Does the text message bounce back as undeliverable to them and if not, how does the sender know that their message was not delivered?  Also, how does a caller know that their phone call is not going through versus just thinking you are not answering your phone.  Bottom line....I want this caller to know that they have been blocked and can't call me. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocked Calls
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they try to call you, they'll hear "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call."

I think text messages may vary depending on the phone or the carrier of the person you've blocked.  I've seen some folks say that it appears their messages go through, but they really don't.  Others say they get an error saying that the messages won't go through.

0 Likes
Tooterkins

Thank you so much for your quick reply.  Most of the correspondence from this person is through text messages from their iPhone.  I think I will experiment by temporarily blocking a friend with an iPhone to see what kind of message they receive after trying to text me.  I'll post my results on community forum.  Thanks again.

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:24:20 -0700

To:

Subject: Re: Blocked Calls - Re: Blocked Calls

created by tikibar1 in iPhone 4 - View the full discussion

If they try to call you, they'll hear "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call." I think text messages may vary depending on the phone or the carrier of the person you've blocked.  I've seen some folks say that it appears their messages go through, but they really don't.  Others say they get an error saying that the messages won't go through.

>Personal email address deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you reply to the forum via the e-mails that you receive, your e-mail address is exposed to everyone on this public forum ... and that's against the forum's Terms of Service.

If you block the person via Verizon's web site but you both have iPhones, they can still text you via iMessage ... you'd have to turn iMessage off and rely on Verizon's text service.

0 Likes