Buying 4s?
Heinriech

Hello,

I would like to get an iPhone 4s for my finance.  Can you recommend which would be better, ordering online or ordering at my local store?  IE who gets the preference when shipping new product, the stores or the direct online customer?

At the end of the day I just want to be sure I get the phone before christmas.

Thanks

Jason

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buying 4s?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

are you on a family plan with her?

does she have an upgrade?

do you have the authority to upgrade her line?

are you paying full price?

does she want an iphone?

also the phone must be activated within 30 days of purchase, so dont buy too early

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Since u sign terms conditions before u leave store or when u order online I don't think that matters. Even if there on separate plans he can use his own upgrade to get the other person a phone. Then the other person can put it on there account if they have different plans / accounts. I would get the AppleCare special plan u get 2 accidents included $50 deductable compared to $200 vzw. But I do like vzw insurance for other stuff.

I would see if the store has them depending on which one u want to get her.
0 Likes
Heinriech

I am on an individual plan right now.  I will be getting a family plan with her.  Yes she wants the iPhone.

My local store does not have stock of the phone either.  So either way I will be ordering something, just curious which way would be more reliable/easier.

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

well since your buying it for her you will need access to her plan info to use her upgrade

unless you want to pay full price

0 Likes
Heinriech

She is not a current Verizon customer, I will be adding her on with a new phone.  And I will be paying the promotional price for a 2 year contract.  Thanks

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

I prefer and purchased my phone in store. I like walking out the door with a phone that i know is set up and ready to roll. 

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would keep checking the stores. I have never personally bought something with a back order. I guess there backordered untill dec 9th. Try bj's or somewhere there's a corporate store. Maybe there's one that might have a rare amount of one. I like getting one at a store and leavening with it too.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Mdram he said he's adding a line. He could have anyways did an alternative upgrade.
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

gina7289 wrote:
Mdram he said he's adding a line. He could have anyways did an alternative upgrade.

there are still more variables

if she wants to keep the number, it must be ported

without knowing what the op plans on doing and how

his question cannot be fully answered, just guessed at

0 Likes