Can I delete wi-fi assist?
MeNyOu7920

Can you completely delete WiFi assist on an iPhone 6?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi assist
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MeNyOu7920-

That is a great question. The Wi-Fi assist is a great feature to have. While it cannot be removed, You can disable the feature. Is there a particular reason you do not want to have the Wi-Fi assit feature?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MeNyOu7920-

That is a great question. The Wi-Fi assist is a great feature to have. While it cannot be removed, You can disable the feature. Is there a particular reason you do not want to have the Wi-Fi assit feature?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MeNyOu7920

I don't want it on my sons phone because my ex husband always turns it on while he is at his house. I pay the bill for the phone and it's increasing my bill too much. And of course there is no communicating with my ex.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I would use the Family Base to control your sons data you can program for the amount data you want your son to use while he's at his dad's house. If dad turns on Wi-fi assist and your son uses up all the data you give it will not cause in overage just make sure you check the box where he can not get anymore date. Check with Verizon that might have a special going on where you can get this feature for a month free or wise its 4.99 a month it will save you from overage fees.

0 Likes