Can I prevent someone from turning off location on their device?
Alysmeglyn

I want to track my daughters phone but last time I set it up she turned off location on her phone so I could no longer track her, is there a way to do it where she won't know I am doing it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to set up tracking on my daughters phone without her knowing, last time I set it up she shut off location on her phone
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Settings - General - Restrictions (put in a code) - Locations Services - Don't Allow Changes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to set up tracking on my daughters phone without her knowing, last time I set it up she shut off location on her phone
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Maybe try turning on restrictions on her device (use a code only you know) and disallowing changes to the locations settings so she can't turn it off?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alysmeglyn, the advice provided by karbfly is exactly where we were headed.  Should you have any trouble locating  how to do this, then here is a support link from Apple to help you get the job done:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304 .

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alysmeglyn

How do I turn restrictions off on her phone for just locations?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Settings - General - Restrictions (put in a code) - Locations Services - Don't Allow Changes.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

And you would be turning restrictions on, not off.

0 Likes