Can I purchase an iPad without adding an additional data plan (just use existing family data plan)?
rrachll

Can I purchase a 4G-enabled iPad (no contract) without adding an additional data plan (just use the existing family data plan)?  Thank you in advance !

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I purchase an iPad without adding an additional data plan (just use existing family data plan)?
Weth
Legend

if you buy the iPad outright with no contract or discount from Verizon, there is no minimum requirement.  You can cancel or suspend the iPad line whenever you want. 

If you get a subsidized iPad with 2 year contract, the monthly cost is also $10. 

Please note if adding a line, there is a one time $40 activation fee. 

View solution in original post

Re: Can I purchase an iPad without adding an additional data plan (just use existing family data plan)?
Weth
Legend

If you are on More Everything plan, then yes. $10/month access fee for iPad and share your existing data. 

0 Likes
rrachll

Thanks Weth!  Would this also apply to 2-yr activation?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

if you buy the iPad outright with no contract or discount from Verizon, there is no minimum requirement.  You can cancel or suspend the iPad line whenever you want. 

If you get a subsidized iPad with 2 year contract, the monthly cost is also $10. 

Please note if adding a line, there is a one time $40 activation fee.