Can I stop my phone from switching from LTE to 1x?
bcrowley20
Enthusiast - Level 1

At my home (zip code 98922), my phone will occasionally connect to the Extended LTE network, but will invariable switch back to the 1x Network.

Here is an example, I reboot my phone and it's connected to LTE.

lte.png

A few minutes later it's switched back to 1x:

x1.png

I see that the 1x signal strength is better, is that the only measure used to decide to switch? I'd prefer the higher speed - 1x is useless. Anyone know of a magic incantation to force the phone to stay locked to the LTE network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I stop my phone from switching from LTE to 1x?
bearone21
Legend

as you move around the house the signal changes from construction type, wall, appliances, etc.

i'd suggest a wi-fi extender if you have wi-fi.

0 Likes
bcrowley20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not moving around the house. The phone switches all by itself when laying on the desk.

I'm paying Verizon for cellular data, so I would like to get what I am paying for.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Many variables can cause your signal to change like that. You are still getting service (you are never guaranteed to get top speed data at all times because too much can interfere with that). If the issue only happens in your home or building you are in then the issue is isolated and not necessarily a Verizon caused issue. You may need an extender. Not really the answer you want to hear but it may be something to consider. This is assuming you have tried all troubleshooting with Verizon tech support to rule out other possible issues 

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

There is also the option to turn on Wi-Fi Calling, since you do have a compatible phone. If the home Internet service at your house is not fast enough to use the 4G LTE Network Extender, but has at least 1-2 Mbps for download and upload speeds, you will be able to use it. It will also save you money.

0 Likes
westyventures
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zipcode 97735, Oregon outback.
I've been dealing with this ABSOLUTELY BOGUS situation for quite awhile too. I have a home WeBoost system that is excellent, Verizon Jetpack running a few feet away on constant 4G with up to 20 mbps download and 6 upload = yet my phone, Moto G Power, sitting right there or virtually anywhere around the house switches off to 1X most of the time! It doesn't matter whether network is set to LTE/CDMA or Global, it acts the exact same. The signal is strong and clear, yet the phone will not stay on it! Turning off WiFi on the phone sometimes will make it revert, but 90% of my Verizon time at home are on 1X. This is NOT what I pay for! A different phone does the same thing too. New SIM, same problem. Even on 4G often texts fail.

Verizon: either come up with a fix, or you're going to lose this customer and many more. You're no longer the only game in town. I'm fed up with paying for something I don't receive in full.

0 Likes