Can anyone help?
Kylie4901

My husband and I were trying to get a loan to buy our first house, so they checked our credit score. I was shocked when my husbands credit had a mark in it due to a Verizon bill. I forgot to pay $100 in January of 2012 and I paid it along with February's bill. I had not received any complaints or bothersome calls from Verizon after that. I have my receipts and proof of payment, so why is my husbands credit being crushed due to Verizon's lack of customer care? I have been trying to get a hold of any representative for quite some time now, but I cannot get anywhere! Is anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can anyone help?
Not applicable

Problem is the information is accurate, so it will have to stay on there for the seven years when it falls off your husbands credit profile. What you have to do is send a letter of explanation to all three bureaus telling them it was paid, and a copy of the payment so they will include that with any creditor inquires to give accurate information.

A $100 hit on your husbands report is not a grounds to be denied a mortgage and show the loan officer it was paid and all will be ok. My friends had this problem but it was a gas and electric bill from years gone by. It was when they bought their home and they never received the invoice a simple check to the utility company with receipt cleared it all up.

I would not worry to much about it. Show it was paid and all will be ok.

0 Likes
Re: Can anyone help?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your credit is showing a payment blemish from 2012 Kylie4901. I can understand how upset you are with this and I would be more than happy to guide you in the right direction. Customer service over the phone, via chat, social media, or at the store are not able to access your credit report, application, or status in our system. You will need to contact your credit bureau for information about  what you found on your credit report. We can not remove the late status payment from your account from 2012. If the bill was paid late, that's what it will continue to show because it was paid late. I'm sorry this is an issue but we can not change the account status from that time frame. Congrats on your new  home you're about to purchase and thanks for being with our family.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes