Can't receive group texts when they include an Android user. Just updated to iPhone 14 Pro
glcarvelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently updated from the iPhone 12 to the Apple iPhone 14 Pro . Once I did that, I could no longer send or receive group texts that include an Android user. I've confirmed that MMS is turned on; have restarted the phone and reset network settings. What else can I do

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive group texts when they include an Android user. Just updated to iPhone 14 Pro
BigDaddySchrenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

View solution in original post

Re: Can't receive group texts when they include an Android user. Just updated to iPhone 14 Pro
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to know what is going on with your messages, and we are here to help. I am sending you a Private Note, so please keep an eye out for that.

*Crystal

0 Likes
js530063
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having this same exact issue. So is my husband. This wasn’t an issue until we got new phones last week. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there. I can understand the importance of sending these kind of texts to any contact no matter what phone they have. This is an easy fix, and I would be happy to help. I am going to send you a Private Message.

*Heather

BigDaddySchrenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that helpful information. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

*Haley