Can't text my wife?
hroth521

Suddenly, as in today, I don't receive texts from my wife and she doesn't receive them from me.  Screen says delivered.  She has iPhone 5 I have iPhone 4s.  Texts to other contacts are fine.  I have deleted our contacts from both phones, as well as old texts, powered down and up and then texted to the 10 digit number. Still does not work.  She tells me she upgraded her operating system today to ios 6.1.4 .  My phone says I'm up to date with 6.1.3.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't text my wife?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hroth521
I'm sorry your having issues with text messaging! I know how important it is to keep in contact with our loved ones. Let's get this fixed! What zipcode are you in? Please attempt to reset the network. Here's how: http://bit.ly/SZ87Gk Then retest.

Please let me know if the issue persists. I would be happy to further troubleshoot.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Can't text my wife?
Scoobyfan143
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are both of you using the same apple id?  If so it's basically like you are messaging yourself if imsg is turned on. Try going to settings-messages-imsg and make sure there is a check mark next to the cell phone # and not the apple id.

0 Likes