Cannot receive texts from my sister
Kelly6644
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched carriers, ported my old number, and got a new iPhone 12. Now I cannot receive texts from my sister. (She does NOT have an iPhone)

At first she was only receiving the messages I was sending from my iPhone on her iPad as iMessages (The only apple product she has is an iPad). We were both able to send and receive messages. I turned off iMessages on my iPhone and removed the email associated with her Apple account from her profile in my contacts.

This allowed my texts to her being received on her phone. That solved half the problem. The remaining issue is that now I’m not getting the replies she is sending.

I have tried numerous fixes on my end including multiple reboots, latest software update, entirely cleared my blocked contacts list, deleted her from contacts and re-added her (without her email address), deleted our old conversation, turned off iMessages on my iMac…

I’m at a loss. She said when she tries calling my number it goes directly to voicemail. She is the only person I’m having this issue with. I’ve recommended some fixes for her to try on her end. Can anymore make any other suggestions to fix this issue? Thanks kindly in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot receive texts from my sister
Kelly6644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well between the one kind and knowledge tech support worker Kyle and myself calling  Cricket to ensure they close my account, this morning the issue has resolved so don’t worry about this anymore… 

If there is a way to recognize Kyle for his work please do. He was beyond patient and determined to find a solution for this issue and very kind and easy to speak to. Thanks Kyle!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kelly6644, thank you so much for the detailed message. I want to make sure that you can send/receive messages on your device without any issues. I should have a quick and easy fix for this. I am going to send you a Private Note. Please respond to that message. Thank you. 

-Kevin

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your calls and messages. I rely on my phone for almost everything and would be lost without it. You mentioned porting your number, have you received a text that the number has transferred successfully? Please check the status of the port using the following link. http://spr.ly/66093rvsU; What message do you see? ~Roger

0 Likes
Kelly6644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the account holder and I both received messages from Verizon saying Port was successful.  I have placed multiple calls to Verizon toady all the reps say the port complete. But my prior carrier says port is still in progress, my account is still active with them until YOU complete my port.  I have been on the phone all afternoon with both Cricket and Verizon to fix this, with no resolution.  Incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
Kelly6644
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on the telephone with Verizon Tech Support from 4:30-7p.  This is unacceptable.  Was told ticket needed to be escalated because the fixes we tried didn't work.  I was placed on hold and after some time the call routed from the knowledgeable tech support person to the call center that wanted to go over everything and said I needed to reauthorize my access to the account, after I'd been on the phone with Verizon for over 2 hours.  Is this how you run your business?

I was also unable to receive some of the test messages the tech support person sent.  I am now able to receive messages from my sister, but only in a group SMS with another person.  

I am not the account holder, and my previous attempt to get help over the forum denied helping me for this reason, how am I ever supposed to get this fixed?

0 Likes
Kelly6644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well between the one kind and knowledge tech support worker Kyle and myself calling  Cricket to ensure they close my account, this morning the issue has resolved so don’t worry about this anymore… 

If there is a way to recognize Kyle for his work please do. He was beyond patient and determined to find a solution for this issue and very kind and easy to speak to. Thanks Kyle!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing all those details, we sincerely appreciate it. We know it is vital to have a working device, and our goal is to help you in the best way we can. Can you please send us a private message to better assist you? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kelly6644, we are glad to hear that you have received a resolution and your device services are up and running. We appreciate all of the feedback you have shared, and we are here for your support should you have additional questions or concerns. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes