Re: Cannot receive texts from only one of my contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jchilds87 we'll solve this mystery and get you back in the loop! Are you able to call him without any issues?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jchilds87

Yes I am

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
EdH2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same exact problem with only one of my friends. Up until 4 days ago this worked fine and has always worked for the last 2 yrs without any issues.  Neither of us have switched devices or carriers.  He has Sprint, Samsung Galaxy 5S.  We can call each other, no blocks on either end and I receive his texts, but he doesn't get any of my replies.  I wonder if it's Apple iOS 7.1.2 related or if there's a carrier block in place somewhere we don't know about (would be odd if there were).  I've removed & re-added; still no luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jchilds87,

Let's get these messages back in business! Try this and retest: http://vz.to/LHHLwL

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
Jchilds87

I have already reset network settings. Did not work.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying Jchilds87

Are you able to text him with imessage turned off? If you delete the contact and only text the 9 digit number can he receive the message? Since you can receive his messages. If these steps fail I would recommend having him reach out to his provider and see if they are having an issue.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Jchilds87

That did not work. He did check with his provider and they said everything

is working fine.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jchilds87

Thanks for all your efforts! If you delete his contact from your phone and manually enter his 10 digit number to send a message to him, does it go through? Do you have any other issues sending messages to other contacts? Is he having any issues receiving messages from other contacts?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes