Content Transfer app did NOT transfer all photos
docmatsre

Upgrading from iPhone 6+ to iPhone 8+, did a full cloud backup first, then used Content Transfer app to copy all contacts and photos/vids to the new phone. However, I then looked for a "favorite" old photo of mine on the new phone and discovered it was NOT THERE, despite the fact that Content Transfer said it copied everything (I did it twice, just to make sure). The photo IS in the cloud backup. So, the old phone had 2257 photos (3 Favorites) but the new phone only has 2250 photos (2 Favorites).

So, my question is -- why did 7 photos NOT get transferred and how can I determine WHICH photos the other 6 are (I already know one)  so I can figure out how to manually transfer them.

Sounds like a bug in Content Transfer to me. Where is Verizon's QA department?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Content Transfer app did NOT transfer all photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Docmatsre, we understand the importance on making sure all your content is successfully transferred from one device to another when getting a new device. I'm assuming that you're referring to the Verizon cloud with regard to this, is that correct? Prior to the transfer, did you make sure both your device and the content transfer app was fully up to date?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Content Transfer app did NOT transfer all photos
Wrlindsk8r

As per usual, Verizon is useles. Download the Fotoswipe app, it’s free and will get the job done.

0 Likes