Data usage
Ruth9

The past 2 months my phone has been eating my data.  I hardly ever use it and have turned off everything it is possible to turn off.  I only turn on my cell data when I want to check the weather or take a pic.  (It used 4.4MB to do this yesterday.) I have messaged Verizon, and they don't know except to tell me that most of my usage was on one day, which took me almost to the limit.  And it was at the beginning of my billing cycle.  I only remember updating some of my apps.  I have never had to be this careful in the past.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?  I have an apple phone.  I am sure if I take it in they will want to sell me a new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage
PDXCats

According to Verizon's policy, data  is not consumed when using a Wi-Fi connection as opposed to doing things over the verizon network. You can check both Wi-Fi data usage and mobile phone data usage on an Android phone under Settings>General Management>Data Usage.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP wrote their post in the iPhone section of the community forum. It is likely they have an iPhone instead of an android phone.

Th iPhone has its own on board data counter they can check their data usage to figure out which applications are using the data. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ruth9,

We understand how important it is to know how your data was consumed. Rest assured, we offer a free tool to help you identify how your data was used. Simply navigate to the steps for the Data Utilization Tool: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tools-for-monitoring-usage/

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/general/notifications....if all are checked, all are updating & providing notifications.

only check those you want.

0 Likes