Data usage
realestatelucy

My mom, myself and my husband all have new 5s iPhones. We got them on December 1 2015. My problem is that although I use my phone much more than she does, her usage just skyrockets and almost has gone over her 2 G allowance. Now I have Facebook, several games 2 emails and a few apps for work and yet her phone uses 10 x the data each mo the as we do. She has a Solitaire game 1 email and a bible app. Now she has had the bible app off for a week. We are just 2 days into the data usage this month and it says she has already used 12% of her data?  What is going on?  It's sort of crazy!

Thanks, Dana [Last name removed due to privacy reasons required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage
JohnR2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check the background data update in settings. This sometimes has background programs and apps (including already installed ones like weather and stocks) updating in the background. If she is not connected to wifi when these update, she will use data even though she isn't doing anything actively herself. Go to settings, general, and unclick the background app refresh. This will also show you all the apps that will utilize data while updating. Also if she isn't already, have her set up her wifi connection so when she is home she uses the wifi rather than data. For this though, I would also suggest manually turning off the cellular data while connected to wifi as sometimes it still uses data. I do that now when I get home and turn it back on when I leave my house in the morning. Good luck I hope this helped!

0 Likes
Re: Data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes