Deactivated/Factory reset phone, need help to reactivate for Wi-Fi use. Its an iphone 3gs. Verizon please help??? :(
alexisg82

Hello All,

Hoping someone can help me with a stupid move I did.

I recently purchased new iPhones and gave our old phone (iphone 3g) to our daughter (3 yrs old.)  she loves it and can take pics, videos, and connect to wi-fi to download and play games.

Well, When i was trying to download some songs for her so she can listen to them. it asked me to do a factory reset. So, I proceeded on and did the factory reset.  Next thing you know, I can no longer use the phone.  When I turn on the phone, the first screen asks me to select my language, English or Espanol.  I select English and then it forwards me to the next screen.  The next screen says, "Press Send to activate your phone".  When I click on Send, it requires me to enter my mobile phone number so that it can begin the activation of the phone.

I do not want to activate this old phone to use for calls, I just want to fix the phone so that my kids can continue to use it for taking pics, videos, and connect to wi-fi.  My issue is, I can't get past the Activation screen to use the phone.  I messed up and my daughter loves playing on it..she has learning games.

Can someone please help?  Perhaps there is a activation number I can use to bypass that activation screen?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Sincerley yours,

Big dummy Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deactivated/Factory reset phone, need help to reactivate for Wi-Fi use. Its an iphone 3gs. Verizon please help??? :(
rcschnoor
Legend

I am unsure if there is a way to do so without first activating it. You could possibly try an Apple store.

Worst case scenario, you could reactivate it on your current line to get past the activation screen and get it set up as before.

After you do so, just reactivate your new phone back to your line. Your new phones will now be active on your line, your old phones will no longer be active on your line, yet they will be able to be used as you would like.

0 Likes
Re: Deactivated/Factory reset phone, need help to reactivate for Wi-Fi use. Its an iphone 3gs. Verizon please help??? :(
rademps2
Enthusiast - Level 3

must like rcs said, you can call verizon (*611) and have them reactivate it.  then download all the stuff you wanted, and reactivate the new phone again.  they do that for free, so it wont cost anything, but it is just a pain.  you can also take it into a vzw store, if that is easier.

0 Likes