Delay in receiving voice mail
SARNIE76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the past 6 months I am having an issue of not receiving voicemails until late.  I have an iphone 7, update the iOs regularly.  Throughout my day I go from being on wifi to in areas with just cellular service multiple times.  When I do receive the voice mails it will be in a bunch all at once.  This morning someone left me a voice mail, I can listen to it if I call in and access my voice mail account but if I look at my voicemail through my iphone there is no indication of a message.  I just called myself and left a test voice mail.  Same thing If I call *86 my voicemail is there but I don't get any notification of a voicemail on the iphone and if I go to the call function and choose voicemail it does not indicate nay new voicemails. 

Labels (1)
  • Apple

68 Replies
ericamcp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also did a factory reset due to this exact reason and spent hours on the phone.  I have missed messages that could have me lose my job.  This is serious.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ericamcp,

We definitely would like some more information to help resolve this matter. Are you able to check voicemails by dialing *86 from your device? Is the software on your device currently up to date? Are you experiencing any other service issues other than a delay in voicemail?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voicemail concerns are not what we want for you. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot. What messaging application are you using? Are you receiving delayed messages from more than one contact? What happens after you refresh the device connection https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jjwarhawk

I have the same issue. It seems all the Verizon responses are “try this/try that” with no certainty on a very specific issue. 

I Have tried all the tips listed to no avail. I travel in and out of coverage, have cellular data turned on, WiFi is on, I have an expensive Verizon network extender in my home to avoid issues like this and I still have very unreliable voicemail delivery. They show up on my iPhone right away about 5% of the time. Some never show up and I have to retrieve them manually. I now have to call and check messages multiple times a day. 

I had the same setup with ATT prior to switching and never had an issue.

I’ve rebooted every device, reset network settings, the phone is up to date, all settings are correct and turned on where they should be. This is a Verizon issue, not a user problem. What is the specific fix or date the fix can be expected to be released?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to thank you for your efforts with troubleshooting your voicemail notifications, jjwarhawk. Our goal is to ensure each iPhone user has a successful voicemail delivery system. What we need to do is to determine which iPhone you are using. This helps us to narrow down the issue. We want to understand if this is affecting multiple  iPhone models or one specific model. When did you notice this being an issue initially? 

Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled or disabled? (Please test with Do Not Disturb disabled) http://spr.ly/6608EZHiA

What is enabled/disabled under Settings > Notifications > Phone? 

Does this occur when you are on WiFi, Cellular or both (test with WiFi turned off)

Does this behavior occur when restore via iTunes (set up as a new iPhone) has been completed? http://spr.ly/6600EZHiC

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
RamblinMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having this same issue for weeks.  Resetting network settings does nothing.   Sounds like just throwing things up against the wall hoping something will work.  Problem seems to be on your end, not our end.

Leroy99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve also been having this problem for weeks.

Pretty lame answer of turn your WiFi off!  Really turn WiFi off and use cellular data all the time instead so you can charge us for going over?  Um, No!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you're getting the assistance that you need, Leroy99.  Have you attempted this? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
myalias
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well said, Leroy!!

0 Likes
jpearson0525
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to add my comments to this situation.  1) It is happening to me and my wife. 2) we are in 20877 zipcode.  3) we both use Samsung S7s - purchased via Verizon,  4) The problem of no notification or voicemails appearing on our phones has been going on for months - at least the spring of 2019, 5) This has also caused problems with Doctors offices, business clients, Friends, Missed appointments, etc., 6) With no notifications, I don't know I've missed a phone call,  7) With no downloads of the header of the voice message, checking the application doesn't help,  😎 We are phone a lot and on WiFi the entire time,  9) try to keep phone with us all of the time to hear the calls when they come in, but that's not always practical, 10) If the Visual Voicemail is TCP/IP based and cannot work over Internet service - that is a major problem, my goal is to keep the phone on Internet as much as 90% of the time (some one Internet). (Like email),  11) From reading the community notes, I have tried every recommendation and it's does not improve the situtuation.  12) With the amount of complaints, I can not imagine someone at Verizon using Verizon Wireless is not experiencing the same problem.  Maybe they don't use the Internet Wifi.  13) Phone calls to support are not worth the time. 

I'm looking for a solution to an obvious, constant, and reoccuring problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpearson0525, we regret to see that your voicemail/notification issues have been ongoing for this long. We don't want this to impact your ability to follow up on phone calls. Do you both primarily have this issue while at home indoors? 

Visual Voicemail requires a connection to our mobile network and Wi-Fi doesn't help enhance the function of your voicemail. If your indoor signal is weak, this can cause delayed voicemails at times. 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
qhfan

I just want to add that I have also had this problem with voice mail and it does not matter where I am located, or if I am on wifi or direct data.  But I have noticed that often the voice mail will appear when I plug the phone in to be charged.  Please pass this information on to your troubleshooting team.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting. How long have you been having these issues? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
RhodyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon, 

This should NOT still be an issue a year after this thread began!!!  I am an unemployed single mom looking for work and am missing messages from potential employers.  What should I do, remove my phone number from my resume and job applications?  That wouldn’t look very professional! This has been happening to me for months. I thought it was just me until I found this thread.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! We understand the importance of having access to your Voice Mail Messages immediately and we are here to help. Please tell us, are you using regular or Visual Voice Mail? What model is your device and is the software up to date?

0 Likes
Cuffee

I have an Iphone 6S and am having the same problems.  I call *86 and the voice mails are not there, but we have left messages that have not shown up.  I also use my phone for work and need to be able to access my voicemails.  I know there are a bunch of them out there.  This problem has gotten worse over the last year and especially during the last few months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing some voicemail issues, Cuffee. I understand that when you *86 your voicemails are not there. Let's get some additional information. When did this issue start? What is the iOS version currently installed on your phone?

AntonioC_VZW

http://spr.ly/6607EWoi3

0 Likes
Bonnie03

I need resolution on this issue. I have read the thread and tried everything and am still not getting voicemails that should have gone to me.  Where did they go? This needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
chazzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it’s clear that Verizon doesn’t know what the issue is nor are they allocating resources to rectify it.

Verizon, please stop pretending to sympathize with the canned scripts. We’ve grown tired of seeing “We know how important your VM is”. Escalate the issue to top tier support and allocate the necessary resources to fix this. We don’t need your thoughts and prayers. We need a fix. Sound familiar?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are having some issues with your Voicemail messages, Bonnie03. As a consumer, I know how important it is to get Voicemail messages in a timely fashion. You mention that you are not getting messages that should have gone to you. Let's get some additional information and explore options to resolve.

When did this issue start?
Are you not getting any Voicemail messages or only messages from specific contacts?
Are you checking for Voicemail messages via the Visual Voicemail feature on your phone, or by calling *86 on your Verizon Wireless phone? 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
EKZMAIL

I'm having the same problem. 

Not only is there a delay, but half the time when I delete messages, they don't stay deleted.   This is unacceptable and I'm enraged. I've been with Verizon for decades.

And the call in for tech support FORCES you to go to automatic fixes or wait forever for a human. 

The "chat" on your website doesn't lead to any help.  I've spend an hour with someone last week who tried to help and it seemed ok for a brief time, but it's back to not working.

0 Likes