Re: Delayed voicemails showing up weeks to days later
JASCRO60
Enthusiast - Level 1

What was the resolution?  I'm not getting my VMs for several days, then all of a sudden I get a notification that I have messages that were left days ago.  This is really bad.

Corona228
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also interested in the solution. This is currently happening to my phone and my mother’s. HELP! 

76north
Enthusiast - Level 1

Guess we will never know?  No one is saying how was resolved.  I had 5 from Monday and Tuesday to show up now on Thursday.  Doctor appts!!!!

jacobm111
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has happened twice to my husband and I.  Sometiems 5-6 days later we'll get 4-5 voicemails on our brand new iphone x's.  We've done the trouble shooting of not being on wifi, restarting phones and that doesn't seem to make a differences.  The rep I chatted with said the phones must be faulty.  I bought five iphones that day and the phones are faulty?  My coworker just said on her iphone 8S she's had it happen to on Verizon.  I'm very pleased with Verizon service, but I've had iphones on AT&T before switching and this never happened.  It's very embarrassing because I missed Dr's rescheduling appointments, I missed meeting changes, my  husband missed being called into work early.  Someone needs to not just say "we don't know". We rely on these messages getting to us and oddly, some messages to come through right away.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JASCRO60, Corona228, and 76north, the experience of not receiving a voicemail is not one that we here at Verizon Wireless want you to have. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. In addition to the steps recommended at the beginning of the thread, let’s re-initialize the voice mailbox by setting it up again.
Here’s how:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202671/
Upon completion of Step 8, have a number call and leave a message. Share your results.  What is the model of iPhone that you’re using?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jacobm111, I can see how a delay in voicemail messages can cause a commotion in your daily lives especially when they pertain to work and appointments. Thanks for being proactive with troubleshooting and listing out the steps for me. Seeing that your coworker, your husband, and yourself are experiencing the same issue, getting this matter fully resolved is a priority. Although I am pleased to hear about your service feedback, we must take ownership of the voicemail issue and make sure you are met with a solid solution. Have you noticed that location impacts the delayed voicemails? If so, what is the closest intersection and zip code that the problem occurs at? When did the issue first start occurring? When you call your voicemail (by dialing your own number) can you locate the delayed messages by that method? This will help determine if the problem is with Visual Voicemail or the voicemail network.

Please reset your network settings using this link: http://spr.ly/6601Ep953 Please note that reset network settings will erase your Wi-Fi password, so please ensure to input it after your phone powers on again.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
1943gpw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  I have an iphone 5s.  I have called Verizon and they reset everything and my voice mails are still not coming through.  I reset the phone wifi settings.  My wifi is not busy at all, it happens on wifi and off.  Phone may or may not get the missed call notification.  The it happens from outside of the network and from land lines.  Today the call rang on the phone once and looked like a hang up.  The missed call was there but no voicemail notification.  I went through everything again and no notification.  The only symptom I can come up with is when I call my cell phone from my land line, it pushes through all the hanging voicemails.  They are there, hung on the system somehow.  Not sure why a call from a Charter land line will push them through, but other calls will not.  When I called Verizon help they checked and reset everything and gave me a $15 credit.  What do they know that I don't.  No one else gives me a credit when I call for a problem?

debl53
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, same thing happening here, both on and off our wifi network.  Has anyone had anything that actually works?  One message from last Tuesday, finally showed up on Monday, almost 1 week later!  Also missed a doctor rescheduling appointment call.

davehvac
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would love to hear of a solution.  This has been a problem with Verizon for a long time.  I have two phones, an ATT for personal use and a Verizon provided by my company.  This is only a problem on Verizon.  Today I had 17 VM's pop up - some as old as 26 days.  I often get text's and VM's that are days/weeks old with Verizon.  This is a known problem but they will not do anything to fix it.  Verizon also limits voicemail box capacity, unlike ATT.  I have to clean out my mailbox regularly with Verizon but I have never had to with ATT and I have that line for over a decade.  ATT has more signal limits than Verizon - though not nearly as much difference as a few years ago, but ATT has definitely got the better network.  Meanwhile...I would love to see a fix to this issue!!!  Hope someone at Verizon is listening.  This is a business account and I have notified the company owners that we are losing sales because we aren't getting messages.  We'll see if anyone cares.

csaletnik
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the same for me.  I've had several instances where I have missed or been unable to answer a call, and due to the nature of the call, was expecting a voicemail, but never got one.  I would go into the voicemail app just to make sure that there was nothing there.  Today, all of a sudden six were there, the oldest one being about 4 weeks ago.  I have also missed important messages (doctor's appointments being moved, work calls, etc).  It's very, very frustrating.