Delays in Receiving Voicemails. Sometimes days.
bridget1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an older iPhone supplied by my work place. There is often a delay (sometimes days) in receiving voicemails. What I can do to resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delays in Receiving Voicemails. Sometimes days.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bridget1967, I appreciate you confirming this information.  I am dealing with some important things in my life right now, and I totally understand the need to get your voicemails as quickly as possible.  If I had a delay and was missing my important calls I would have so much extra stress.  We will get this figured out.  When someone leaves you a voicemail and when it is delayed can you confirm if it is available to hear the voicemail the old-fashioned way by calling your Voicemail (*86).  Ex. If someone calls today and leaves a voicemail can you call your voicemail and is available before it shows in your Visual Voice Mail?  If not sure, just have someone call and leave a voicemail and wait a few minutes to see if it shows up and if not call *86, to check.  How long has this been happening (recently, Since you have had the phone, etc)?  Do you know of others having this same issue?

-Santo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Receiving voicemails on time is a must. Let's work together and make sure this gets resolved. We understand how inconvenient that can be. How do you usually access your voicemail? Do you currently have any software updates available to download?

~Gina

0 Likes
bridget1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! Just saw that this work cell phone is actually an iPhone 7. It says iOS is up to date with 15.5. I usally open the phone icon/app and select the voicemail icon in the lower right hand corner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bridget1967, thanks for those details and for checking to make sure the software is up-to-date. Are you able to browse the internet or use the apps without any issues (with Wi-Fi off)? Are you using a VPN on the device? If so, have you tried to disable or uninstall the VPN application and test out the voicemail? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206985/

-Kevin

0 Likes
bridget1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have a VPN on the device and I am able to browse the internet and use apps with and without WIFI. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bridget1967, I appreciate you confirming this information.  I am dealing with some important things in my life right now, and I totally understand the need to get your voicemails as quickly as possible.  If I had a delay and was missing my important calls I would have so much extra stress.  We will get this figured out.  When someone leaves you a voicemail and when it is delayed can you confirm if it is available to hear the voicemail the old-fashioned way by calling your Voicemail (*86).  Ex. If someone calls today and leaves a voicemail can you call your voicemail and is available before it shows in your Visual Voice Mail?  If not sure, just have someone call and leave a voicemail and wait a few minutes to see if it shows up and if not call *86, to check.  How long has this been happening (recently, Since you have had the phone, etc)?  Do you know of others having this same issue?

-Santo

0 Likes
bridget1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I am hearing from others that they are having the same issue. It is sporadic so does not happen every time but when it does, the message does not show up until three days later. I tried calling from another phone and leaving a voicemail message but so far, the message has shown up right away so was not able to test *86

Unfortunately, it is usually an unsuspected call so would not know to look for it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, bridget1967. Thank you so much for those details. I understand that you are not able to duplicate the issue and your voicemail messages are delivered immediately when you test. This means that the issue is most likely with the unsuspected call phone service. If this happens with calls from specific contacts that you know, please ask them to check with their carrier.

-Antonio

0 Likes
blgabel7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue (not receiving voicemail notifications on my iPhone 8). I tried the suggestion above for a known voicemail that is not showing up, accessing the *86 feature. From there I can access the voicemail, but it still doesn’t show up on my phones visual list of notifications. The original incoming call does show up, just not the message that was left.

I tried recently rebooting the phone. No change. I am always connected to cellular, and often to wifi. I do not use a VPN.

What is going on? How do I fix it? Why has this issue been going on for YEARs (according to many other Community posts), and why hasn’t there been a publicly posted solution rather than making every single customer troubleshoot from scratch using a lengthy Q&A messaging sequence? This is not the definition of good customer support.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want to ensure your Voicemails are coming through right away. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist.

*Anna

0 Likes