Did anyone with a 9/28 Delivery/Ship date receive any notification that it would be pushed back?
retrosince1977
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Pre-Ordered the Iphone 7 Plus Matte Black on 9/9/16 received the confirmation for a delivery date of 9/28/16, charged and paid for the pro-order on 9/16/16 just to have the order processing. Called customer service on 9/28/16 told that it would be shipping on 9/28 and I would receive a confirmation probably by midnight (never received). Called this morning (9/29) and the rep could not find the order then was told that it would be shipping on 9/29 and if I did not receive confirmation by 5pm call back to customer service. No confirmation received so my wife called and spoke with the rep. I got three different answers from three different reps. Verizon is blaming Apple but I was able to locate the same Iphone at an Apple Store available to pick up in-store tomorrow. It makes no sense to me what is going on since my money is gone and Big Red isn't giving it back I'm stuck. Did anyone receive notification about the change on Delivery/Shipping dates? Big Red isn't even being considerate and offering compensation for their screw up...I could use something more than I'm sorry and that i'm in the same situation from customer service...:(

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Did anyone with a 9/28 Delivery/Ship date receive any notification that it would be pushed back?
kayemtee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a matte black 7 plus, 256 GB last week (about Sept 19 or so). I ordered online, and switched to the payment plan (vs contract, which I was eligible for). The predicted delivery date was Oct 19. I decided to buy through Verizon because of the trade-in promotion. High value for old phones! Was super pleased to get my phone today, a few weeks early. It could be the 256GB phone is more available. Which did you buy? It could simply come down to supply vs demand of the type of phone you bought. btw, Verizon has a return policy, (14 day) I don't think it starts until you receive the phone. You should be able to either cancel the order and get your money back, or return it after you receive it. If Verizon did not have the trade-ing promotion, I would have purchased through apple - but Verizon was super helpful to me this time around, made it very easy.

Re: Did anyone with a 9/28 Delivery/Ship date receive any notification that it would be pushed back?
retrosince1977
Enthusiast - Level 2

thats crazy! i did see on apple.com that i could walk in and get one...its just ridiculous how its being handled

0 Likes