Didn't Pre-Ordered iPhone 5? What are your ship dates?
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

What are you shipdates if you pre-order the iPhone 5 after 9/14.

Have you received them?

what color did you get? any scratches?

post pics?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Didn't Pre-Ordered iPhone 5? What are your ship dates?
keithsherbaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered online 9/28. So far it says delivered by 10/26. Meanwhile I have no phone, sold my old one too early should have known better. Talk about Verizon and Apple underestimating the demand! But then again I think it is because of all the returns due to defective units. All I can say is that if I have to wait until the 26th my unit better be flawless!

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

i know how you feel, what color did u choose?

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

"Talk about Verizon and Apple underestimating the demand! But then again I think it is because of all the returns due to defective units."

Defective units? What was defective about them? I ordered mine this morning (10/8) and I have a ship-by date of 11/2 as of right now.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

The iPhone 5 comes with chips on the side, scratches and dents. mostly black iPhones

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

I see it now. Is Apple resolving this issue? I was planning on getting one of those Incipio NGP cases for it anyways, this also assures I'll be putting a screen protector on it as well. I was planning on going protectorless. Not anymore.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57519840-37/iphone-5-scratches-normal-apple-vp-reportedly-says/

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

Apple's Philip Schiller has commented that since the back is aluminum, it is normal

now, they have made it strict at Foxconn(china factory) to really becareful when working on the iPhones so that they dont come scratched. two days ago 4000 FoxConn employees has striked against the factory and all so my guess is that affected shipment, which is why maybe your delivery date is 11/2

the white iPhone are less likely to get scratched.

Source: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/07/4318314/workers-at-iphone-factory-walk.html

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

iPhoneNerd wrote:

Apple's Philip Schiller has commented that since the back is aluminum, it is normal

now, they have made it strict at Foxconn(china factory) to really becareful when working on the iPhones so that they dont come scratched. two days ago 4000 FoxConn employees has striked against the factory and all so my guess is that affected shipment, which is why maybe your delivery date is 11/2

the white iPhone are less likely to get scratched.

Source: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/07/4318314/workers-at-iphone-factory-walk.html

White is for chicks lol

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

not really bro, i have a white 4S because i want to be different then everyone who has the black one. the White iPhone 5, has silver like aluminum (macbook pro) .

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

I was just kidding. I had a white S3 before and really liked the look of it. White is as neutral as it gets. I guess I just prefer black with a black case. Are you enjoying the 5 so far?

0 Likes