Different incoming phone numbers, identical voice mail messages
MikeR_21st

We are having a strange occurrence with a couple of our iPhone X users (one is a Max, the other just the standard X) and I was hoping others may have had a similar issue and could provide some insight.

Here is what is happening:

A call comes in resulting in a voice mail message, later a call comes in from different number also resulting in a voice mail message.  When played, both of these the voice mail messages are identical, even though the numbers associated with the messages are different.

Anyone heard of this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Different incoming phone numbers, identical voice mail messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your voicemail messages, MikeR_21st. We can definitely take a closer look into this with you. When did this start? Just to confirm, are both phones receiving the same message? Do the messages show as a duplicate message with the same time posted as well? Does the message appear to be a general message? Have you asked the callers if they did in fact leave a message? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
MikeR_21st

Hi Danielle,

Honestly, I cannot be sure when exactly this began, as the user did not report it until just last week, but made it sound like it had been happening for a little while.  I queried all our iPhone users company wide and this does not seem to be impacting anyone else. 

When it occurs, the messages each have different incoming phone numbers and time stamps, but the voice mail message is exactly the same on each, and they are legitmate messages, not some sort of canned, general type message.  These are all the details I have at the moment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. Please have the user clear any old messages. Then have the user call their voicemail mand press # and review and delete any old messages that way. Then retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes