Digital Secure Identity Theft Protection function not working on iPhone 7
beetlemanptm
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Identity Theft Protection function of the Verizon Digital Secure app is not working on my iPhone 7.  Usually there is a green dot for that feature before I uninstalled it but when I reinstalled it the dot isn't there. I tapped on the function and it doesn't work. I also entered my email in the Identity Theft Protection function in the Settings menu and I get an error message that says "Something went wrong. Error code 4002." Before I reinstalled the Verizon Digital Secure app, the Identity Theft protection feature said "No breaches detected" and the manage your personal info screens were blank. This could be caused by an outage of the Identity Theft Protection function.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Digital Secure Identity Theft Protection function not working on iPhone 7
beetlemanptm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am fine. The Digital Secure Identity Theft Protection function that was not working on iPhone 7 on September 29 has now been resolved. The problem was caused by a server outage related to the Identity Theft Protection function. As a result, the problem is now fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to use our services. I did want to clarify a few things. Does this happen on any other phone? Are you connected to WiFi when you test this out? 

-Amber

0 Likes
beetlemanptm
Enthusiast - Level 2

It also happens on Mom's iPhone 12 Pro on her Digital Secure app when I entered her email address.  I was testing this out when me and Mom's phones were connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you letting me know. It should honestly not give you any errors. Is there any updates on the app? Do the other features work? 

-Amber

0 Likes
beetlemanptm
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last update to the Digital Secure app was 1 month ago.  The current version of Digital Secure is 1.0.29.1.  The other features of the Digital Secure app do work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi. How are you today? We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.  *Mabell

0 Likes
beetlemanptm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am fine. The Digital Secure Identity Theft Protection function that was not working on iPhone 7 on September 29 has now been resolved. The problem was caused by a server outage related to the Identity Theft Protection function. As a result, the problem is now fixed.

0 Likes