Disabling 3g for reception?
gixxerchic

Is there a way to disable the 3g for better call reception?  The reception at my new home is absolutely wretched (the first time I've ever had this problem with Verizon) but it's very frustrating to drop calls as I walk through my house.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disabling 3g for reception?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 4 doesn't use the 3G network to make phone calls. It switches to the CDMA 1xRTT for voice calls.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gixxerchic

Bummer, just ruined my day

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@gixxerchic

The importance of being able to make a call while in your home cannot be understated. Rarely do I sit in one place and speak on the phone. To have a reliable signal throughout your house is of the utmost importance.

To ensure that you are receiving the optimal network conditions. I do suggest dialing *22899 from your device. If you still signal fluctuation, I do suggest resetting your network settings. To reset your network settings please follow the instructions here: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If you continue to experience service issues in your home you may want to consider a network extender. With a network extender you will need to have a high speed internet connection to connect the extender to. http://vz.to/O3ZzCi

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes