Discounts
Kmpollnac
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  have a huge huge complaint.  I went to a Verizon store to see about lowering our bill. I was told that if I was a front line worker I could get a discount, but only if you are nurse or teacher…. What  excuse me???????????

I have worked from the very beginning  of Covid, with no break from it.  BTW: imaging personnel do testing/procedures on Covid patients, so that is a  front line worker.   When teachers were off,  parents were to teach their kids.  I was not off, I was working 10-12 hour days.  Teachers were home, when I was working in the hospital been exposed  & quarantined on a daily basis.  But since I am not consider a front line worker, I get nothing !!!!!!!!!!

You need to read up on the definition of a front line worker.  Nurses are not  the only hospital employees  that work  with Covid patients.   Last time I checked, teachers are not exposed to Covid patients in classrooms.  That would be hospital staff, as I am.   If that's not front  line, then I don't know what is. 
Hmmm, I married a Marine, no discount for the military apparently either. Guess it's time to starting shopping around!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Discounts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to first off tell you to thank you. I know this had to be a hard and stressful time for you.

-Roni

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concerns with the discounts. I can truly understand your concerns with the outlined definitions, I can provide your feedback to our Marketing Team as to how this is affecting your situation, We need this type of feedback from our customers.

-Roni

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With that being said, we do offer military Discounts. Please click the link https://www.verizon.com/military/ to see if you or your husband qualify. He will need to be on the account.

I hope this helps. 

-Roni

0 Likes
Hrv0214
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too went in hoping to get the healthcare discount… however I was very disappointed and have been considering changing my carrier because Verizon doesn’t see that there are other roles a hospital has that is right on the front line besides nurses. I work in surgery, ans a surgical Technologist, and when you work in a trauma center you don’t get to pick and choose who has surgery. So we often have patients that are COVID positive and we’re right by their side throughout the entire procedure. Wearing N95’s potentially taking this exposure home to our families, yet we get nothing.  Shame on you Verizon, for not broadening your “nurses” discount. 

0 Likes