Disney+ will not play downloaded video using HDMI-lightning adapter
Kentuckienne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 8. Just took advantage of the free Disney+ offer. But I live in a rural area, and there is no broadband internet available. There aren’t enough cell towers either, so streaming big files doesn’t work. I have an Apple Lightning to HDMI connector, so I used the Disney+ app to download a movie while I was in town, the tried to play it on my tv at home. It won’t work. I can play any other downloaded file from any other service, Disney has no problem letting me stream the video, which I can’t do, but they won’t let it play from the phone. The Disney+ offer is worthless unless you can stream movies. You can’t download them first. Disney support confirms this.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disney+ will not play downloaded video using HDMI-lightning adapter
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message.

0 Likes
Kentuckienne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent a private message but got no response. 

0 Likes
1234jk

Hi.  We are unable to play live or downloaded Disney + to our TV via a DHMI-Lightning adapter.  Disney + says its not compatible and to directly connect the HDMI to the player.  This is not possible. Please advise. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there 1234jk and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you are having some trouble and we are here to help. To confirm, what brand TV are you using? Have you been able to utilize this same connection on any other TV successfully?

-Candice

0 Likes