Does my cellular data need to be turned on the get my voice mail on my iPhone 5c?
smbill

It seems that I need to have my data turned on to get my voice mails. This is a problem because we have limited data, and we don't leave it on so  we don't go over our useage. Is this an iPhone thing or a Verizon thing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does my cellular data need to be turned on the get my voice mail on my iPhone 5c?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need to conserve your data allowance, smbill. Visual Voicemail does require a data to retrieve voicemails. However, you can access your voicemail by calling *86. This will allow you to check your voicemail by calling. Additionally, you can always call your voicemail from a device other than yours by calling your phone number and pressing # to interrupt the voicemail greeting. You can then input your voicemail password to access your inbox.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does my cellular data need to be turned on the get my voice mail on my iPhone 5c?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need to conserve your data allowance, smbill. Visual Voicemail does require a data to retrieve voicemails. However, you can access your voicemail by calling *86. This will allow you to check your voicemail by calling. Additionally, you can always call your voicemail from a device other than yours by calling your phone number and pressing # to interrupt the voicemail greeting. You can then input your voicemail password to access your inbox.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes